Benihana

www.benihana.com - (702) 732-5334

Benihana Las Vegas Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Good Food But Serious Service Issues Jan 13, 2015
I loved so many things about this restaurant but I have to give a 2 star rating because of some serious service issues. Quite simply, the employees rushed us to eat. It was TERRIBLE how badly they rushed us.

I had JUST gotten MY food (I had well done steak so I got my food last) and employees KEPT coming by asking if I "needed a box." I wa asked more than three times if I needed a box. It was obnoxious. Then one guy just brought a takeout box out and left it in front of me. I felt like crying. It made me so upset because I had literally gotten my food less than 2 minutes before. My food was still steaming hot and I had taken about 3 bites of food. I am not exaggerating!

Then, they came out with a birthday sundae for my husband WHEN WE BOTH STILL HAD MORE THAN HALF OUR FOOD ON OUR PLATES. His ice cream just sat on the table melting with no offer to replace it when we did finish eating nor any apologies. I was even MORE upset by that. His ice cream sundae turned into nothing but a bowl of melted "soup". We are NOT super slow eaters but since we were the last ones served at our table, we got screwed. It was unfair.

The trick is to order seafood only because they cook and serve that first so you can start eating while they cook the other stuff for everybody else. They at least give you the check when you are done so the other two parties sitting with us were able to leave, and we were the last ones at the table. Call me crazy, but when I'm dropping $100 on a dinner for two, I expect to savor my meal and not be rushed out the door.

The service made me NEVER want to go back there again.

The food was good though! We had chicken, shrimp and steak. We ordered a side of scallops (they were delicious) to share. The dinner came with a tiny bit of shrimp as an appetizer, some onion broth soup, a little salad, vegetables (onions and zucchini), a cup of hot green tea, and a scoop of ice cream. Well, forget the ice cream, we were served it so early that it was melted. The portion sizes are on the small side so if you are a big eater, I'd recommend ordering a few sides or an additional appetizer. The "show" was fun as well. It's so cool to watch your meal prepared right in front of your eyes. Your experience will differ based on your tablemates but we luckily had a fun and chatty table. Not a place to go if you are shy (or a slow eater).

My husband and I frequently entertain clients for work and based on this disastrous service, we will be crossing Benihana off both of our business and personal dining lists. It's a shame because it could've been such a fantastic experience.
The interior of the restaurant is …

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals