Beng Traditional Chicken Rice

Beng Traditional Chicken Rice - The Hawker center

Beng Traditional Chicken Rice Tanjung Bungah Reviews

Horus380 Horus380
Best Value meal ever! Dec 09, 2008
Beng Traditional Chicken Rice is located in the blue hawker center across from the copthorne hotel in Tanjung Bungah, Penang. I have been to many different food stalls around the island and can't find better value for money than the chicken rice.

For only 3 Ringgit (1 USD) you get a large portion of rice with some delicious chicken breast covered in soy and chili sauce (heaven). The Hawker center usually has large crowds (especially in the evening) and the busiest stall is the Beng Traditional chicken rice. I have been there at various times of the day between 8am and midnight as I often walk through the hawker center to get to the shops on the other side.

I have been to hawker centers around Penang Island and so far have yet to see many tourists from Europe and english speaking countries. The people I see enjoying the food appear to be local families and tourists from other Asian countries who know where to find great cheap food.

I can't understand why people would spend more money to eat unhealthy food at the fast food places, when you can go to a place like Beng Traditional chicken rice and get a meal which i better for you and cheap. I also love the fact that I can watch the chefs prepare my meal so that I can see exactly what goes into what I eat.

I encourage anyone reading this to go and give it a try as I know you will love it. If you mention to a taxi driver to get to the copthorne hotel from Batu Ferringhi it costs only 15 Ringgit and an 18 Ringgit taxi trip from Georgetown.

I hope i can find a place as good Beng Traditional Chicken rice while I am here as places like this are awesome!
Inside the Hawker center