Benedicts Hotel

Benedicts Hotel Rates and Deals

Benedicts Hotel Belfast Reviews

DAO DAO
A Tale of 2 Rooms Feb 06, 2017
They should offer 2 room options - Sleep and No Sleep. Well that's what I was offered anyway. I was told to stay here on the recommendation of an ex-boss. This would not be the first time listening to him got me into trouble. When I showed up it looked very nice. I was shown to a room on the back of the building on the second floor. The room was nice. A very big bed sat on beautiful wooden floors. Already I was thinking – that could make noise. My bathroom was good and functional, except for he heated towel rail. Anyway, I went off to explore Belfast for a while by foot. When I returned in the evening I noticed their bar, with its own outside entrance, now had 2 bouncers – on a Sunday night. I went up to my room and could just faintly hear the music form the now nightclub in the hallway on the way to my room. I decided for an early night. As I lay down some guy had come up the nearby stairs form the nightclub. Thump! Thump! Thump! Is what I could hear when the door to the stairs was open. It closed, but the guy’s mouth was shouting at the room opposite to open up in a drunken rat. Nice. Anyway I fell asleep.

Until 11pm.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

And people screaming! I could make out every word the DJ shouted over the microphone. They had just turned the volume UP.

And the people near me scraping their bed across their wooden floor.

I finally go t dressed and went to reception. I tried, by shouting, to speak to the receptionist. Yes – the nightclub door was open. I shouted to explain that I had booked 3 days on business and asked for a quiet room. “IS THIS YOUR IDEA OF QUIET!?” I shouted at the receptionist. She couldn’t hear me! Anyway I was promised that I would be upgraded to a quieter room the next day and that the music would cease at midnight. It did. Then I fell asleep.

Until 1am.

BANG! GIGGLE! SCRAPE ! BANG! BANG! WHAT!? LAUGHING !

Yes there was a party in the room next door and more were arriving. I made sure of their room number and rang reception. True to the man’s word he was there in a flash.

BANG ! BANG ! HELLO !?

Yes the people in the room played the old ‘we are not here being drunk and loud’ trick and refused to answer the door. They were quiet now –as they tried to hide. Luckily the man from reception had heard them before he knocked. For several minutes he knocked to no avail. Then he got smart and went downstairs and rang the telephone in the room. The stupid woman in the room answered the phone. I don’t know what the man told her, but the room emptied quickly to running feet and slamming doors.

The next day, very tired at work, I made my way back to the hotel. The new room, on the 3rd and upper floor, was very nice. My bed was soft and wonderful. My room, although facing the road, was silent. I mean silent. I enjoyed my next 2 nights in absolute peace.

It’s a shame that they allow the nightclub to run that loud at night. Get the wrong room and you want to change hotels. Get the right room (more expensive!) and you have a wonderful hotel in the vibrant heart of Belfast.
bigstoney82 bigstone…
Great hotel and the Staff was great! Apr 04, 2012
We were there during the middle of the week, and had no idea where to go as far pubs go, but the few places around weren't nearly as good as the bar/club attached to the hotel, the bartenders were great, very friendly, drink prices were reasonable, good music and nice private outdoor smoking area that was covered and had heaters ( those weren't needed it was so nice when i was there ) The club closed around 2am, but there is a restaurant/bar upstairs that is open til 3am for residents of the hotel, i was big fan of that!

The ladies at the front desk were all very helpful for two Americans who had no idea what they were doing, haha.

The room was great! Very large, with two full sized beds, that's huge for me since i'm rather tall! Plenty of free space with a desk and two chairs, good closet space if clothes need to be hung up. The bathroom was a good size, but huge, but more than enough space in it, the entire hotel was kept very clean, always nice to not have to deal with a dirty hotel.

It was a little expensive, but i think it was worth around $120 (USD) per night. If had been during the weekend it would have been a good stop to go other Pubs and Bars for sure.

The only down side i can think of really, was just a couple doors down there was a club, i think the name was Thompsons, but i'm not sure, which wouldn't have been bad, but it was mostly very young kids going in there, and there was a fight out in front of it and Benedicts one night, but that being said its not the hotels fault, so no deductions from me!

Benedicts Hotel Overview

Set just outside of the city center, the Benedicts Hotel is a convenient option for leisure and business travelers alike. It is just steps from Queen’s University, which places it directly adjacent to the major commercial and business district of the city. It is also close to the Botanic Gardens, Grand Opera House (Ulster Hall), Victoria Square, St. George’s Market, and City Hall. The Benedicts Hotel is located at 7-21 Bradbury Place, and is 15.4 miles from the Belfast International Airport.

All of the rooms in the Benedicts Hotel are equipped with private bathrooms, high-speed Internet access, luxury linens and bedding, satellite TV, hair dryer, beverage station, and personal safe.

The Benedicts Hotel delivers a large menu of amenities for guests to enjoy, including 24-hour front desk service, a popular restaurant, night club, lounge with bar service, currency exchange, laundry and dry cleaning, parking on the premises, and business services.

Benedicts Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Laptop
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite