Bella Vita At Circle Center

49 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN, USA
(317) 822-9840
Bella Vita At Circle Center - Bananas foster for two dessert
Bella Vita At Circle Center - Filet mignon, with a creamiest mashed potatoes on the side
Bella Vita At Circle Center - Salmon!
Bella Vita At Circle Center - Bella Vita, the inside
Bella Vita At Circle Center - Me acting goofy with the phone
Bella Vita At Circle Center - Awesome scallop risotto!

Bella Vita At Circle Center Indianapolis Reviews

abhmalat abhmalat
Bella Vita Restaurant.. così bella! Sep 03, 2011
Well, it's about time I reviewed the restaurants in my own city; I've been living here for a while now :P

Yet another weekend and the lure of Labor Day sales everywhere, my buddies and I decided we should look around the Circle Center Mall in downtown Indianapolis for some unnecessary unneeded shopping. We managed to entertain ourselves for 3 hours getting in and out of stores. At the end of it all, it was dinner time, and we weren't looking to travel/walk far.

Bella Vita at Circle Center mall is located on the first floor on the extreme end of the mall. It's not the best location in my opinion; most shoppers tend to ignore that part of the mall unless their car is parked below there. Nonetheless, the restaurant looks very upscale and inviting.

We got a booth table with an amazing wide portrait of old Italy besides us - the Italian charm is evident. The menu is quite exhaustive and takes a while to go through. It was quite late, so we ordered the 'Soup of the day' - Minstrone, and the entrée. The service was prompt, but the soup was not hot at all. We considered sending it back, but were too tired to wait any longer. That being said, the taste was definitely there.

We ordered our entrées - Scallops risotto, Filet mignon with mashed potatoes, and a grilled Salmon. The risotto (mine) rich, creamy and full of taste. The scallops had the perfect sear and melted in your mouth! Both other dishes too were bang on taste. The chef at Bella Vita knows exactly what he's doing :)

Finally, we ordered 'Bananas fosters for two' as a dessert. The only reason we ordered that was because it was prepared table-side, and WE LOVE theatrics! The flame-n-fire show with bananas, caramel, alcohol (loads of it!) and ice-cream was worth every buck! Not to mention, our table was the centre of attention for the entire restaurant for some good five minutes. The kind lady served the final potion in an enormous ice-cream glass.. something that Hagrid would drink his martini from.

The service at Bella Vita could use some improvements. Our waiter seemed quite busy, though the restaurant was half empty. Nonetheless, our experience here was quite delightful and we left satisfied. Can't wait to go back and try some other Italian delights!
Filet mignon, with a creamiest mas…
Bananas foster for two dessert
Bella Vita, the inside
abhmalat says:
Yea, I hadn't had it before this. I'll look out for it on the menus from now on.. pretty delicious
Posted on: Sep 18, 2011