Bella Italia

London, England

Bella Italia London Reviews

monoli monoli
good food for good prices Jan 22, 2011
there is a chain of italian restaurants called Bella Italia. in London itself one can find at least 20 of them or maybe even more. Food is good, portions are reasonable and they usually have fix menu on MON-FRI until 7pm.

one have to be careful when it comes to deserts- they are highly addictive so after first visit one might want to come back again and again and again... :)

and they have quite good selection of wine
Spikeyboots Spikeybo…
Cheap and good Italian food Jun 14, 2011
You may want to try either of the Bella Italia restaurants in Leicester Square. Obviously the location is great but they also have set menus of 2 courses for around £8-£9 and three courses for £12.

The menu consists of all the Italian favourites, with this and the fact they are polite, and provide good service, if you like Italian you cannot go wrong with Bella Italia.
tajana_luna tajana_l…
Italians can do better Jul 13, 2009
Diverting a bit from all the Asian food, during my first stay in London we also tried out some Italian food. Now, this is more a familiar territory for me, so I might be a bit more critical in terms of reviewing this restaurant, but that is only because I have tried a lot of Italian food in different countries, including Italy, so I must say I wouldn’t put this place at the top of my list of Italian restaurants.

The restaurant is called Bella Italia, and from what I’ve seen it has a lot of subsidiaries in London, but the one we went to was just near the Covent Garden. It was the last day of my stay in London before heading back to Zagreb next morning, so after the whole day walking and before the ‘Les Miserables’ musical we decided to have an early dinner. We entered this Italian restaurant to try our luck. I must say I liked the charming interior decoration, the service was ok and quite fast in serving.

For a starter we got like a couvert the cold plate with a bit of sliced sausages, mozzarella cheese, olives and a bit of grilled veggies with few toasted breads. We both ordered a tomato soup, which personally I adore, so I wanted to try it out in this restaurant as well, and it wasn’t a disappointment. Actually, the soup turned out to be more delicious and tasty than the main dish.

For the main dish, my girlfriend ordered pizza with salmon and asparagus which ended up giving her bad tummy later that evening. Now, I tried a piece of that pizza and for me it was plain ok, nothing particularly special, and not too tasty either. My main dish was spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce and again it tasted very plain, not delicious or saucy enough.

In the end, I ordered a chocolate mousse for dessert which, luckily, left a better impression on me than the main dish so in the end it wasn’t so bad and I am giving it one star more because of that.
Bella Italia, Covent Garden
Bella Italia, Covent Garden
Tomato soup
Tomato soup
travhormones travhorm…
Coz I loved the dessert... May 03, 2009
Italian food here was decent, but it was the dessert that blew me away! Raspberry sorbet that was tangy and sweet.

This restaurant was quite crowded, though we got a seat quite promptly. It faces Chinatown and is a nice retreat from the cold outside.
peppertm peppertm
May 12, 2005
Located in Leicester Square, this quaint little restaurant serves Italian food (in case you didn’t guess that by the restaurant name). The front window looks out into the square, so you can watch the many people walk by, if that interests you. It’s a nice, quiet little place, which is nice and relaxing.

Check London Hotel Deals