Bella Bambina

Jernbanetorget 1, Oslo, Norway
+47 22 17 42 00
Bella Bambina - 'Outdoor dining'
Bella Bambina - Insalata verde and Bruschetta
Bella Bambina - Inside Bella Bambina

Bella Bambina Oslo Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Not worth the price Oct 28, 2012
Bella Bambina is an Italian restaurant, which opened in May this year. It is located in the old departure hall at the central railway station. My friend was catching the airport express train and we wanted a bite to eat before she left. I was a bit nervous about picking this restaurant, as I didn´t know it and my friend being Italian and also married to an Italian chef.

The restaurant is located both inside and outside the old waiting room. The outside part is where the departure hall used to be. A big downside is that a lot of pigeons sit on the iron bars below the ceiling. As we were entering the restaurant, my friend touched her hair, and quite right, a pigeon had left a big souvenir in her hair and on her jacket! Yuck! A good tip is not to sit in the outside area of the restaurant. You might get a surprise!

The service was so so. Our waiter was from Romania and did not speak a word of Norwegian. He was very sweet, but had no knowledge neither of the menu nor of the wine. He couldn´t answer any of our questions without checking with either the chef or the boss first.

The menu was not too big, but had some typical Italian dishes. Paste, but no pizza. The Italian wine menu was extensive. We wanted a pasta dish each, but debated on the size as the dishes came in two different sizes. We ended up ordering an antipasti and a small pasta. My friend had the green salad with avacado and I had a bruschetta. The small bowl of salad was so full, it was difficult to eat it and it only contained a tiny piece of avocado. We didn´t like that it came with a crème fraiche dressing already on it. Would have prefered to use the oil and vinagre, which was on the table. My bruschetta was average. Our mains were tiny. The size small, at a cost of $15, was served on a plate, the size of a saucer. My tagliatelle with baby scallops was slightly too sweet. After I asked for some chilli, it was quite good. My friend had the spinache and ricotta tagliatelle. This one was excellent!

Bella Bambina is a new and trendy restaurant, but too expencive compared to what you get. Our tiny pasta was $15 and a bigger size, which was not very big either, was $28. Way too much! We will most likely not eat there again.
"Outdoor dining"
Our table
Inside Bella Bambina
Inside Bella Bambina
sarahsan says:
The problem with waiters who do not speak the language is becoming more and more common! It´s a result of EU and free flow of labor.
The restaurant definitely has potentials, but they need to adjust the size of the portions. Not good when the guests leave the restaurant still hungry!
Posted on: Oct 30, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this review.... Odd having a waiter who didn't speak the language....

Too bad this didn't work out... it's cute but the portion sizes sounds silly small.
Posted on: Oct 30, 2012