Bella Bacino's

75 E. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, USA

Bella Bacino's Chicago Reviews

sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Italian restaurant worth missing Aug 14, 2009
There is one restaurant in the River Hotel that I saw and it was to the left of the lobby.

While the patio and dining areas look appealing I was disappointed with the service and quality of food available.

The interior decor' was pleasant and made a great impression. One wall in the dining room was decorated with the tops of wood wine crates some of which were signed by the owner of the vineyard. Colors were soothing and had an Italian feel.

We ate breakfast here at 10:30am on a Saturday. Of the 5 items they offered for breakfast which were not eggs, they ran out of.

Other items on the menu also not available so I had to keep changing my order when the waiter came back to the table announcing that a particular item I ordered was not available (no bananas for the banana waffles, & no whipped cream).

Also, they ran out of coffee so we had to wait for a fresh brew, which was ok, except it took more than 20 minutes for our first cup of coffee. Once we were served the coffee it was delicious but had to ask for a refill twice (who heard of having to ask repeatedly for coffee during breakfast?).

Once the food finally arrived the quality was alright. Not much flavor, actually, and a bit over cooked. The price for breakfast for 2 people for waffles and pancakes, coffee, and a cup of fruit was $36.00.

Our server also handled our food more than was necessary which I found icky. The only bathrooms in this hotel in the common areas was in the basement.... and they were very dirty, hot, and gross.

Room temperature was HOT (a/c must have been broken) and doors were propped open with a chair, very stinky, very humid, and very dirty. No soap or paper towels available, but an empty pink/filthy opened soap bottle sat on the counter, which I assume the kitchen staff used. ICK!
Flyinhigh says: