Belikin beer

Ambergris Caye, Belize

Belikin beer Ambergris Caye Reviews

scubagirl76 scubagir…
best beer in the caribbean! Jul 09, 2008
DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT go to Belize and leave without trying this beer! The regular Belikin is the one to drink.

Belikin is brewed by the Belize brewing company and they have been in business since 1960. They make four beers The premium lager, Lighthouse Lager, regular, and the stout. Out of the four we had the regular and the stout. The stout is a lot like guinness, great taste but very heavy. The label is simple it has a mayan temple on it the regular beer has a green cap, the stout a blue cap, and the lagers come in a green bottle.

The regular is the absolute best! It was very smooth and had a great taste. I give this beer a 10 out of 10 rating. This is what we drank most of the time there we use to buy them at the grocery store for $3blz or $1.50US. However we were told that you could buy them by the case for cheaper on the street right off the trucks. Unfortunately we never did see the truck! Oh well, it’s not like the other price was outrageous. Bars and restaurants do sell it for a little more though our resort sold them for $5blz, so it was definitely worth buying them from the grocery store for us!
kvom says:
Other than Lighthouse, this is about the only beer I found in Belize. The same company that makes it is also the local coke bottler. Seems they're pretty connected with the government and are successful in keeping a lot of other brands out. Nevertheless, it's good beer.
Posted on: Jan 19, 2014
Reephboy says:
Thank you! Thank you for writing this review. Agreed, regular Belikin is the best. So yummy after a nice day diving or snorkeling. I was there from '01-'03 and at that time you could get a case for $20US. That was a regular Friday afternoon routine at the office! I'm glad y'all enjoyed Belikin too!
Posted on: Dec 14, 2008