Belgium's Sabena Airlines

Brussels, Belgium

Belgium's Sabena Airlines Brussels Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
The former Sabena Airlines Feb 21, 2009
When I began my initial travels out of Africa into Europe, I flew Sabena Airlines a Belgian air carrier atleast 3 times. The former Sabena airlines went bankrutpt in 2001 and was replaced by what is now known as SN Brussels Airlines.

Flying from Uganda to Brussels or major ports of entry in Eurpe was a breeze while Sabena served.I can still remember my first bottle of red wine aboard the boeing 707 to German's Tegek airport via Brussels. The seats were spacious and comfortable with individual pillows, blankets and socks. What I hated most on that flight was the cold. The air in the cabin was kept so cold that when I arrived in Germany in March, the outside air felt better (it was minus 6 with a wind factor of 6 miles an hour). Ok I have exaggerated but you get the picture.

I'm yet to fly SN Brussels.
Africancrab says:
Interesting indeed. I used to fly them to Europe all the stime. I'm glad Lufthansa bought them, I have always liked Lufthansa's service. I recently received some information from my many rewards programs about the Star alliance and how they are working to provide additional travel rewards through the different partner airlines. I like it. Thanks for the information, much appreciated.
Posted on: Mar 15, 2010
lamadude says:
Ah Sabena... makes me nostalgic ;-)
SN Brussels Airlines merged with Virgin Express to form "Brussels Airlines" (without the SN)
They mainly fly to Europe and Africa and are usually the cheapest airline on their routes, but the service is nothing special.
They have recently been bought by Lufthansa (but the name remains Brussels Airlines) and have become a member of Star Alliance
Posted on: Mar 15, 2010