BelAire Bangkok

BelAire Bangkok Reviews

Kanw_1 Kanw_1
Short Stay at Belaire May 26, 2014
Bookings:

We booked with booking.com. All went smooth except our request for an early check-in and late check-out due to the adhoc flight timings, this request was initially turned down, but on arrival although we arrived early, the front desk obliged and accommodated us and check-in was smooth, if they could have confirmed this by email when we requested it would have been nice. For the late checkout as well they offered to extend by two hours w/o additional charges, however beyond that charges were applicable, but then again this is standard practice for hotels in downtown BKK. In any case the front desk were helpful. No complains in any case, as it is up to occupancy levels at the hotel.

Location:

Like most hotels in Sukhumvit, this hotel is located close to most of the main shopping areas, so the location is great. Belaire is located on a short street, soi no. 5, not very easy to spot but once you get on soi 5 you cannot miss it, it is right at the end of the street, very close to the arab locality. This area is nice if you want to stay up late, most of the shops, foot massage shops are open till very late, some even into the early morning, if you want to eat late in the night, the arab street has something to offer all through the night, there are also a few streets up and down from the hotel which are lively and open late into the night.

The Hotel:

The hotel itself is a little dated, but not too bad, I would say it is good value for money, but if you expect a whole lot for the price you pay, either your expectations are too high or you need to pay for a higher star rated hotel. the rooms are comfortable and ample in size and are perfect for a pleasant stay.If you are in Bangkok, I presume you will not spend much time in your room! In any case the rooms are equipped with everything you might want , if you need something, the room service is quite prompt. The bathrooms could use a little updating but they are not too bad for the price you pay. The bed was comfortable, the aircon was a little loud when set to max fan, but if this does not bother you should be okay.

There is a lounge bar in the lobby, which is quite nice, there is only one restaurant, serves the buffet breakfast in the morning and then also is the all day dining restaurant. The breakfast is basic and same everyday, if this could be a little different everyday, it would be nice, but then again, I always come back to the price point. The all day dining restaurant is nothing to write home about, but if you want to grab a quick bite without stepping out of the hotel it has a very basic and limited menu.

There is a spa on the 3rd floor that is open till late in the morning, although we did not try it, but wish we had. Same for the pool, nice to cool off and get to the spa, but we did not use this either, but looked pretty decent for a short swim.

All the staff are quite friendly and happy to make you comfortable, front desk, restaurant staff, at the lounge and the door men and bell boys, so that is great.

Surrounding the hotel:

Like I said before this hotel is located on the middle of a lively area, you can walk a few streets up or down and find plenty of things to do, or grab a tuk-tuk or taxi/metro and you are a few minutes away from the main shopping malls in the area. You have everything available a stones throw away-grocery, foot massage, pubs, restaurants, street shopping etc.

Well overall it was a pleasant stay at the Belaire, if I wanted to budget my holiday and at the same time get a nice hotel, I would definitely come back to Belaire, if I wanted to splurge a little more, I would stay somewhere else.

If you want to know something specific about the hotel or the surrounding neighbourhood, just send me a message and I will try to answer you questions.

PS: Last visit to Bangkok,we stayed at the President Palace 2 streets up the road on Soi 11, you can read my review on Tripadvisor.

Have a pleasant stay!