Beijing Zoo

Beijing, China

Beijing Zoo Reviews

kimfu kimfu
Spend your time doing other things. Jun 21, 2011
We went to see the pandas unfortunately their panda exhibit was just like anything you would find in America. There weren't too many panda's either. The zoo over all was nice and clean but it wasn't anything special to go to. There is so much to do in Beijing you shouldn't spend your time at the zoo when you can do that anywhere.
The Panda exhibit
Airportman Airportm…
Nice zoo for a very cheap price Apr 28, 2010
The first time I was at the Beijing Zoo, it as part of a day tour and I only had a brief moment to visit the pandas.

This time I was on my own and I had more time to walk around. Not enough to see everything though.

For 20 yuan (3 us dollars or 2,40 euro) I bought a ticket at the east gate, which is also the main gate and close to the pandas.

The housing of the pandas do need a renovation, as do most of the housing I saw while walking around. But don't think it's terrible. The animals do look well taken care off. The zoo itself looked clean and kept spotless.

The map of the zoo looked quite simple, but I still took the wrong way at times, because the map didn't seemed to correspond with the paths.

The aquarium at the zoo has to be paid separately and the price is in my opinion average: 120 yuan (17,50 us dollars or 14,40 euros).

Because I only spent 1 hour there, I didn't saw the whole zoo. But I will go back next time I'm in Beijing and also will visit the aquarium to see if it will be worth the price.
Panda
Panda
Tiger
Lions
Airportman says:
It wasn't crowded when I went - Good point though!
riceballrox says:
lol...I have to warn the others about the crowd though..

I love the zoo but I just can't stand that much people..don't go on vacations/ holidays/ school breaks...
Airportman says:
Thank you! :) I've never been to the L.A. Zoo. But I always love visiting a zoo whenever I get somewhere else.
Johnpro Johnpro
The Giant Panda ! Aug 11, 2010
It was my first time to my life to saw a Giant Panda or a Panda :)

Just we jump to the metro and had a station just outside the zoo park .

We paid just few yuan for the entrance to panda area , also we saw some other zoos but the time was so tight and we don't had the opportunity to explore all the area .

Thousand of peoples and many kids (as me) was in the park .

Just hard to found some room to take some pictures because everybody had the same wish as mine :)

We was about two hours and enjoy a lot , almost saw some other zoos with a peep because we had shortly time :)

Also many panda souvenir shops was in the area !

Finally , a personal must do realized :)

Related Travel Blogs About Beijing Zoo

Visiting the Summer Palace, Beijing Zoo and Lama Temple
Friday morning we got up early to take a cab to the Summer Palace. Of course, at first the cab driver offered us a flat fee (higher than what the meter would run). Larry and I asked one of the bell b…Beijing Zoo. It’s funny because the author of our guide book writes about the Beijing Zoo, “The zoo is more…
Welcome Beijing
 Capital of the People's Republic of China Massive in terms of size: equivalent of 15 Hong Kong's or 26 Metro Manila's 4 Seasons (Extreme Winters/Summers; Short Spring/Fall) Public T…Beijing Zoo / Beijing Zoo Markets 4. The Village / The Place / Ritan Russian District Souvenirs: Easiest to find in tourist…

Check Beijing Hotel Deals