Beijing Roast Duck Restaurant

Gulou Outer Street, Beijing, China

Beijing Roast Duck Restaurant Reviews

cotterb cotterb
Nov 04, 2007
Going to Beijing isn't complete without tasting their roast duck. Formerly called Peking Duck it is now referred to as Beijing Duck, after the city. Beijing Duck is a marinated then roasted duck. While duck can be fatty, when it is prepared this way I did not find it to be.

This restaurant is farther from the city center than other locations but definitely within taxi cab distance. Their customer service was great and it started off with free wine and soda while you await your table. Once seated you receive a huge menu which is more of a picture book then any menu I had seen in the past. Each entree has a description in English, but the menu we had was English only so I'm sure there is a separate Chinese Menu. A duck only costs $150 yuan or about $20 and we fed 6 with it along with other items. In hindsight I would recommend 1 duck for every three persons. Along with the duck they have numerous other items and everything we ate was great.

In much of Beijing you will see ducks with their head still on. In this restaurant when your duck is done they carve it in front of you and then take it away. No need to stare at the head during all of dinner.

The staff spoke enough English that we got what we had ordered and understood what they asked or suggested. All in all we spent about $20USD per person including drinks and a lot of food, so it is a great value.

Just down the street from the restaurant is a nightclub area that was a lot of fun. For a good night out hit this restaurant and follow it up with some club hopping down the street.
WaltJake says:
We had the duck at 3 different places when we were there...they all did it a little differently, but it was great every time!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Beijing Roast Duck Restaurant

hyo
My 3 concubines
We decide to take up Chandlee's recommendation to go to the Jade Hostel where he was staying. He gave me the hostel card with a small map on it so we as real cheapskates we took our change with the p…Beijing Roast Duck Restaurant eating "pato pekines" or Beijing Duck. Sara had told Ana and Paloma several months…
The great wall
Today is kind of a big day for me, finally I will visit the Great Chinese Wall, a structure that always has fascinated me. Around 07.10 we had breakfast in the hostel and at 08.00 we left in 2 vans, …Beijing Roast Duck Restaurant, the best place in town so they say. I can really subscribe to that sentence…
The Great Wall of China
We took a 3 hour ride to a less touristy area of the Great Wall called Simatai.  This was a recommendation from a friend that worked out well.  Finally we arrived only to discover that we w…Beijing Roast Duck Restaurant.  It was really nice and they gave us free wine and soda while we waited…

Check Beijing Hotel Deals