Bei der Gare, Luxembourg.

8 Rue Joseph Junck L-1839, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Bei der Gare, Luxembourg. Reviews

planxty planxty
The name tells you everything. Apr 24, 2017
It was on my very last morning in Luxembourg City when I made it into the Bei de Gare cafe / bar which people who know me may find a little strange as it was literally three minutes walk from my hotel and so please allow me to explain. I was staying on the Rue Joseph Junck in the "Station Quarter" and this is reflected in the name of the cafe which is literally within a stone's throw of that rther impressive building. In my defence I should say that it was the third bar I had been in on my two or three hundred yard walk and that was not to mention the others I had passed with a willpower I do not normally possess!

Willpower was sadly lacking this day and in I wandered to find a clean and pleasant bar with a more modern decor than some of the other local establishments and dominated to an extent by the large screen TV's showing various sports channels which seem to be almost obligatory in these parts. At least the sound was down and it is always something to pass the time I suppose. I was not overly surprised to find only two other patrons there as it was about 1100 on a fairly chilly Monday morning in April and therefore service was prompt and with good English spoken. The draught here is Bofferding which is my preferred brew of the two most common local offerings and it goes without saying that it was impeccably kept and served.

I got the impression that the two chaps at the bar were happy with their own company so I perched myself up on a comfy high stool at a table and watched the sport whilst draining my third beer of the morning, it was turning into one of those days. Prices were about average for the area when I know bars sometimes hike the price in or near transport hubs but I suppose the strong competition locally keeps them all honest.

Apart from it's proximity to the main station which is literally about two minutes amble away, there is very little to say about the Bei der Gare which is just very typical of the many fine establishments hereabouts and, as with so many others, I would have to recommend it.
Yet another fine bar.
Yes, that is my beer all alone.
It was a bit quiet.
planxty says:
Need a research assistant? Sounds like a best-seller to me.
Posted on: Dec 04, 2017
johngayton says:
One of my projects is to write a book about the best bars close to railway stations around Europe - just got to find some fool willing to fund the research ;-HIC!
Posted on: Dec 04, 2017