Before & Now

+84510910599

Before & Now Hoi An Reviews

Liselore_Verschuren Liselore…
Fun place Nov 13, 2009
Strolling around the centre of Hoi An, we randomly walked into a bar in the afternoon to have a drink and immediately stopped and stared as soon as we were in.

This place has several 'interesting' murals in pop-art style. We recognized Lenin, Che Guevara, Ghandi, Marilyn Monroe, Mao Zedong and Bono, dressed as superman.

The place has a nice and hip atmosphere and certainly has enough to look at. Lunch is excellent. We certainly enjoyed hanging out here for a while and having a rest before reentering all the sights of Hoi An!
Before & Now (Hoi An, Vietnam)
jaeWALK jaeWALK
Popular and swanky Nov 24, 2008
Before & Now is one of the most popular spots in Hoi An with a menu that serves mostly Italian food. Vietnamese cuisine is also on the list.

The first floor is a bar and cafe with walls that feature pop-art portraits from Mao Tse Tung to Marilyn Monroe. The one that will get your attention is Bono... as the Man of Steel.

If you want to escape the crowd, the upstairs floor is more homey (though at first you'd think you'd be fine dining) and has a balcony with a nice atmosphere... perfect, I must say.

Again, since this is being Hoi An - home of the Cau Lau, the noodle dish is the restaurant's specialty. I have to admit though that i've had better Cau Lau at some other restaurants in the old town. Although the other Hoi an specialty that I've tried, the banh bao vac or "white rose" as they call it is really good! For those curious what "white rose" is, it's a shrimp dumpling.

The bar/restaurant plays mostly chill out music by day, and more uptempo (rock/r&b/hiphop) at nights. There's also free WIFI available.

All in all, Before & Now lives up to it's reputation as one of Hoi An's most happening places. And if you ever want to just relax and people watch, i think this is the best place to be.
Before & Now during the day
Before & Now's Balcony at night

Related Travel Blogs About Before & Now

Hoi An : Artistry, Age and Beauty by lantern light
Hoi An.  Small and old and quaint.  Perched almost exactly halfway up the east coastal flank of Vietnam.  From friends’ recommendations probably the destination I’ve been most look…Hoi An and bedeck the streets and shops.  Hoi An actually has such a similar night once a month…
Hoi An
Day 4 – Thursday 19th of February - Hanoi, Vietnam to Hoi An, Vietnam Photos from Hoi An, Vietnam Once again, I was up at the crack of dawn, to catch an early flight. I had organised with the …Hoi An, Vietnam Photos from Hoi An, Vietnam Once again, I was up at the crack of dawn, to catch…
Cam Kim Bicycle Tour with Hoian volunteer students
We had a wonderful morning with Vinh- a young boy studying tourism at the University - from Hoi An Volunteer Students and we highly recommend them. We did a 3 hours bicycle tour which went by very qu…Hoi An. Plus, you get some classic insights into the lives of young people in Hoi An. His English is quite…

Check Hoi An Hotel Deals