Beer Time

Veronica Micle, Chisinau, Moldova

Beer Time Chisinau Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place to hang out with friends Dec 27, 2013
The neighborhood where Beer Time was located didn’t look its best in the wintertime. I could imagine on a summer day that it would be much more inviting with outdoor service all around. I walked towards the entrance and I did get a bit concerned that they were closed but a little sign gave away that they were open. I opened the door and was surprises to see a very steep staircase with loads of colorful tables and chairs hanging along the stairs all the way down to the bottom.

The stairway looked very industrial and I didn’t know what to expect as I entered. Just inside the door there was a very short bar, where 3 girls where talking to the barman. One of the 3 girls showed me the way into one of the rooms where there only were 3 other persons sitting. I found a comfortable chair to sit in and was given an English menu. I could see that there were a lot of beers that I never had tasted before and I just picked one of those.

The waitress spoke pretty good English and she was quite funny. I started with a local Moldavian Gotter beer. Once I got my beer I started to look at the place that I had entered. It reminded me of an old military bunker with a couple of rooms along a long narrow hall. Each of the rooms had around 50 seats some of them were hard wooden chairs and 10 seats that were sofas and soft chairs. The look was still industrial but with loads of beer memorabilia everywhere and a good part of them from HB in München. There was no doubt that I had entered the bar pretty early but more and more persons can during my stay there. They had Wi-Fi even though it was not the fastest it worked in this cellar, which I found pretty impressive.

Their toilets were really of high standards for being a bar, and I was impressed by their model car collection of beer trucks displayed on the wall in the toilets. The bar also served food and most of the tables were booked for dinner, so I guess the food must be pretty good as well. The next hours I spent tasting all kinds of different beers like; a Russian Jiguli Barneo, an Ukrainian unfiltered Cernigovscoe Bile, a local Gotter Weisse bier, a Czech Cervena Selka, a HB pilsner and a Heineken. I had a great end of the day in the bar and needles to say I felt pretty good, when I left the bar compared to when I entered it.
Beer Time logo
Inside the bunker
One of the beers
The small bar
spocklogic says:
Nice collection of memorabilia. When I was young I used to collet beer memorabilia or 'breweriana' as it is called. At that time I collected (1975 - 1985) I had hundreds of beer cans and bottles, some going back to the 1930's. In addition, many wooden crates, beer trays, openers, tap handles, foam scrapers, advertising signs, etc. I still like all that stuff, even though I don't collect anymore.
Posted on: Jan 25, 2014
Chokk says:
Posted on: Jan 22, 2014
gimpel says:
1500 what a number. And again a good review.
Posted on: Jan 22, 2014