Beer Chicken

Av, San Isidro, Peru

Beer Chicken San Isidro Reviews

hanknuwer hanknuwer
A sprawling, comfortable place to dine on hearty food with great service Jul 27, 2014
This Thursday will be my second long excursion to Lima Peru in eight weeks, and in such a large city with so many eating options like Panchita, it is a comfort for a companion and me to revisit again the hospitable and charming Beer Chicken restaurant for fowl Peruvian style. There is a comfortable bar to sit at, but I like a window view myself. This is a big, sprawling place with lots of tables, and while a reservation might be nice, usually you'll have no trouble being seated by one of the veteran waiters. Although my Spanish is muy poquito, one of the owners, Claudia Poblete, speaks easily understood English, as does her fellow owner, Jaime Ugaz. The owners actually sat down with my friend and me as we split a delicious chicken cooked Peruvian style. We were going to just have water and coffee, but Jaime suggested a chablis, and I actually was surprised how much I liked the choice of a white wine with chicken.

It was a tough choice of flan or creme brûlée for dessert, but we selected the latter and felt like we had won the lottery. This is a very comfortable place with attentive staff, great, filling meals, and comfortable ambiance. I'll be back. This week upcoming in fact.
Reviewer Hank Nuwer and his friend…

Check San Isidro Hotel Deals