Bedouin Tent

17188525555

Bedouin Tent Brooklyn Reviews

Transitory Transito…
Decent Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food May 04, 2009
I was on the search for fuul on Atlantic Ave. with a new friend, Mick. Upon her recommendation, we stopped by the Bedouin Tent. On a rainy afternoon, there was only two other people having an absorbing conversation unbothered. This is very much a casual place.

It's a modest place, upon entering one passes by the kitchen area for the takeout option. Then one walks pass this area to the dining area which opens to an outside seating option. The tables are covered in some sort of leathery tacked on material, the walls in what one might describe as sort of "Middle Eastern" printed wallpaper. Vibrant colors with prints like a rug. Sort of pretty except for the tacky pictures of pharaohs/ancient Egyptians on top of the wallpaper.

The service was casual, and informal. I ordered fuul (fava beans with parsley, lemon juice and oil), and stuffed grape leaves. The fuul felt like it was missing an ingredient, was on the bland side. The stuffed grape leaves were respectable. Mick had chickpeas with spinach, which was tasty, esp. the topped fried onions. She enjoyed her lentil soup with hot, fresh pita.

We stayed on a bit, and no one rushed us to leave on the quiet, rainy day. Then we were given a complimentary piece of sweet cornbread, which was the best part of the meal. For both of our meals, plus tip, was $20.

If you are in the area, def. go, it's a cheap decent option. I plan to return to try their other entrees when I'm in the area.

Check Brooklyn Hotel Deals