Becker's Steakhouse

2400 N. Buffalo Dr. Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Becker's Steakhouse Las Vegas Reviews

sincitytraveler sincityt…
Becker's Steakhouse- Newer Restaurant with a Classic Old Vegas Feel Mar 15, 2008
If you're looking for a great meal with a cool atmosphere and would rather stay off the Strip...look no further! Becker's is located in the North West section of Las Vegas about a 20 minute drive from the Strip. Once you enter through the thick textured glass double doors you'll feel like you've gone back in time and would expect to see members of the Rat Pack gathered around the piano bar sipping cocktails engaging in jovial conversation.

The restaurant is dimly lit with enormous private high backed leather semicircular booths lined along the walls and cozy tables adorned with crisp white linen scattered about the main floor. Our hostess greets us and asks if we have reservations. Unfortunately this was a last minute unplanned dinner with a colleague from my office so I answered "no, sorry" (Ken had said just before leaving work he was in the mood for steak and asked if I was interested and if I knew of a good steakhouse). Without hesitation she looked at her table assignments and and with a warm smile answered "no problem I'm sure we'll be able to accommodate you". In the same instant I heard "hey welcome back. How have you been?!" It was Bruno, the waiter I've had there on several occasions who looks like one of Tony Soprano's mafiosos (I was impressed because I hadn't been back to

Becker's in at least 5 months). He extends his hand and gives me a brisk firm handshake. Our hostess doesn't miss a beat and asks if we'd like to be seated in Bruno's section. "Absolutely!" I replied.

We were escorted to our table and chairs pulled out for us. The assistant waiter was there in seconds and took our drink orders as well s offering a choice of tap or bottled water. Ken had a glass of Merlot ($9) and I decided to veer away from my usual Espresso Martini ($11) and in honor of the beautiful warmer weather decided to try the Watermelon martini ($11) which was very refreshing and served in a traditional martini glas with a watermelon flavored home made popscicle as a stirrer! The wine list is updated frequently and is quite extensive and nicely priced. Our waiter, Bruno, now returns and not recognizing Ken politely asks if this is his first dining experience at Becker's to which ken answers affirmatively. With this in mind he welcomes Ken and explains that although it is a steakhouse Becker's also has wonderful fresh seafood (which I had just bragged about before we left the office!). He segways into the specials of the evening and discreetly mentions the the price of each as well.

We ordered the calamari steak and warm spinach salad for starters. For dinner Ken ordered the lamb chops ($42) and I went with the Fresh Halibut with Teriyaki/ginger demiglaze on a bed of asian noodles ($35). We decided to share a baked potato (they're HUGE!) which are prepared to your specification at the tableside! With our dinner selections placed we enjoyed an assortment of warm fresh baked breads as the piano player and his female vocalist played and sang crooner songs of the 50's and 60's.

The first course arrived within 10 minutes and we thoroughly enjoyed the finely sliced Calamari Steak with lemon wedge and sides of cocktail and tartar sauces. The warm spinach salad was exquisite. The spinach leaves were fresh and deep green tossed with finely chopped fresh bacon bits and a light ranch type dressing with crumbled hard boiled egg pieces.

When the main course arrived I was pleased to see that in true Becker's fashion the presentation of our food was out of this world! Ken's lambchops were tastefully arranged with a sprig of parsley adorning them and my generous portion of halibut was gently placed on a bed of asian noodles and adorned by a large crisp wonton. Needless to say we had a great dinner and fun conversation.

We ended dinner with some coffee but had I not been so full I would recommend the Key Lime Pie which is wonderful ($9).

Becker's is a classy newer steakhouse with old Vegas charm where you can round up some friends and have a great relaxed dinner and conversation without the hustle and bustle of being on the Strip.
Becker's main dining room
yheleen says:
great review ;)
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008
pearcetoyou says:
Very thorough review, Sal. And now you've got me drooling:)
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008