Becker Vineyards

464 Becker Farms Road, Stonewall, TX, USA

Becker Vineyards Stonewall Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
A little taste of heaven in the Texas Hill Country Dec 20, 2014
About an hour west of Austin is my favorite Hill Country winery, Becker Vineyards. I visited for the second time last week and enjoyed it even more than the first time. (I think the weather had a lot to do with it. On my first visit, the day was chilly and gray while this time it was sunny and mild.) It was well worth the drive to indulge in a tasting and a glass of wine on their patio. The staff is very friendly, and even though the tasting room was fairly crowded, Henri made sure I was well-taken care of as we chatted about wine and Paris.

Becker has been in business for over 20 years, producing award-winning reds, whites and rose as well as port and claret. My personal favorites are the Provencal rose and the Fleur Sauvage white. I gladly paid the fee to check my suitcase so I could bring a bottle of each home for the holidays.

In addition to grapes, Becker Vineyards also grows lavender. You can walk through the rows during the growing season (April – May). If you miss the growing season or want to take a little bit of handmade lavender heaven with you, lavender soaps, lotions, candles, etc. are available for sale in the tasting room

Becker is pretty easy to get to – one turn off Hwy 290 onto Jenschke Lane, though you will need a car. Tastings are $12 for 6 samples and include a souvenir wine glass. Their wines are also available by the glass. You can bring a lunch with you as long as it doesn't include any outside alcohol. And if you forget to pack a lunch, the winery does have a selection of cheeses, charcuterie and bread available. I haven’t taken a tour, though according to their website tours are offered if staff is available. I’d recommend calling ahead about a tour if you really want to take one.
Paulovic says:
Congrats with the feature!
Posted on: Dec 27, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Dec 27, 2014