Beausoleil Island, Georgian Bay, Ontario

Georgian Bay, Canada

Beausoleil Island, Georgian Bay, Ontario Reviews

cimtech cimtech
My trip to Beausoleil Island, Georgian Bay, ON Oct 15, 2014
On October 12, Sunday morning my plan was to get up early in the morning and drive up to Honey Harbour and then take the Day Tripper boat to Georgian Bay Islands to be more specific to Beausoleil Island. It was dark at 5:30 am and not to mention very cold I mean -3 dec Celsius. The distance between Toronto, where I was staying and Honey Harbour is about 93 miles ( 150 km) and considering the smooth ride on highway 400 north took my time to get out in the cold. Moreover the first boat to the island is not available until 10:30 am.

Arrived in Midland, Ontario at 9:00 am, enough time to kill, just wanted to proper use of extra time I gained by speeding (just kidding), stop by at the Martyrs’ Shrine a Roman Catholic church in Midland, Ontario. Sunday early morning but that place was already crowded. spent an hour or so exploring the place and then continue my journey.

Arrived at the Day Tripper starting point in Honey Harbour, I did not have any reservation (recommended), but got lucky being a solo traveler. the boat ride is about 20 - 25 minutes to Beausoleil Island Cedar Spring camp ground. There are may trails mainly dived into Southern Trails and Northern Trails. I think Autumn is a great season to visit the park, as the cooler temps are perfect for hiking, biking or lounging on the cabin porch. Also there are few people, easy to find solitude in the scenic coves and trails leading to rocky lookouts. Able to capture nice fall colors also perfect to experience the bird migration.

It was a perfect day for me to enjoy all the activities the park had to offer, if you are planning a trip don’t forget to take plenty of water and snacks with you and definitely a camera. Bicycle can be rented from the Kiosk at the arrival area. if you are looking for the comfort of a well-appointed cabin or a waterfront campsite, it’s definitely an ideal retreat can be enjoyed among the hardwood forests and granite hills. Even a day tripper like me enjoyed the scenic 20 minute boat ride to and from the park’s largest island via the Day Tripper.
Big Dog Channel, Honey Harbour, ON
Route to Honey Harbour, Ontario
Early morning view of Honey Harbou…
Early morning view of inner Channe…
cotton_foam says:
Yes, you are right! Just merely looking at bloggers' photos is like I've traveled enough too! And it is very inspiring too! :)
cimtech says:
Thank you May, even sometimes I am not traveling but virtually I am somewhere around the world! So regardless I am always lucky !! :)
cimtech says:
Thank you Jim, kind of missing it !
Posted on: Oct 16, 2014

Compare Honey Harbour Hotel Rates (12.2km away)

Georgian Bay Map