Beaumaris Castle

www.beaumaris.com - 01248 810361

Beaumaris Castle Reviews

davidx davidx
Superb example of a Norman Castle Nov 20, 2010
North Wales is a great destination for castle lovers, even for those without their own vehicle. The most spectacular among them were actually built in the 13th century by command of English King Esward I as part of his campaign against the Welsh princes. Beaumaris Castle on the island of Anglessey was the last of his ring of castles in North Wales.

Beaumaris was never actually neede in the Welsh wars and has only been used significantly much later in the civil war (usually called English Civil War).

Against all the warlike fortifications the moat with its birds seems utterly peaceful. The almost symmetrical castle with its numerous high towers is about as god as you will find and, to cap it all, the views of the coast and mountains of North Wales are stunning.
pjtm pjtm
Beaumaris Castle May 26, 2009
O Beaumaris Castle (beau mareys - "belo pântano") foi a última das fortalezas de Eduardo I no Norte de Gales. Tem um belo fosso e o passeio pelas muralhas é agradável.

Beaumaris Castle (beau mareys - beautiful marsh) was the last of Edward I's fortresses in North Wales.

Related Travel Blogs About Beaumaris Castle

My Welsh Holidays
In the meanwhile I decided to remind my previous holiday. It was in North Wales, and it was great. I still have quite a lot of wonderful emotions and impressions. One of the first impressions were…Castle, Beaumaris Castle. Also I was very impressed by Welsh Highland Railroad. It is a great way of travelling…
Castle tour of Wales begins
Following Andrew's night before research we are going to see Conwy Castle.  While purchasing the ticket the helpful young man gives us some options and as we plan to see a couple more castles in…Castle tour begins.  Conwy is pretty special and we decide to go on to Beaumaris next.  This…
East tip of Anglesey
You may have noticed that my spelling of Anglesey has changed during this blog. 'Anglessey' does not seem to be completely wrong so I am not bothering to correct it but the single 's' seems to be bet…Beaumaris, where one of the most picturesque of Edward I's ring of castles is situated. The road from…

Check Beaumaris Hotel Deals