Beaujolais

6224 2227

Beaujolais Singapore Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Friendly funky french restaurant Nov 04, 2012
I had a craving for french food (which is quite normal) on a Saturday night. We usually need to make a booking to get a table at a french restaurant in Singapore on Saturday nights. But it was too late so we just try our luck at restaurants we have never tried before.

So after driving around, we ended up at La Beaujolais at Ann Siang Hill. Its a shop house which occupies 2 units on the block so theres a bar inside the main unit and the next unit are all dining area. The bars and cafes at Ann Siang Hill is usually quite packed on Sat night but we managed to persuade the waiter to get make us a table since I am all dressed up and I have a craving lol! He really did set up a table right in front of the main door. Unlike the typical french restaurants, the waiters and waitresses here are not dressed in black and white uniforms and the restaurant does not play hotel lobby lounge kinda music.

Our waiter was a local Indian guy in a funky t-shirt and jeans with piercings! And the restaurant is playing billboard music!

We ordered the following:-

(1) A rib-eye steak

(2) A tenderloin steak (for me)

(3) Chocolate Lava cake (for me)

(4) A Paul Joboulet 2007 red wine

As the norm, they give us a basket of freshly baked bread (i love the smell!!) and butter first. The steak was done just right for me. I was drinking more of the wine as my partner was driving, so by the time I got my chocolate cake, I was already in a very happy state! LOL! I absolutely loved the chocolate lava cake. It just melts!! So good food, great service, I would definitely come back! I am sorry I did not take any pictures as I did not carry anything with me that night.

Til next time :)
westwind57 says:
Freshly baked bread, a perfect steak, red wine and chocolate lava cake... no wonder about your happy state of mind! It can't get much better than that, I think :)
Posted on: Nov 06, 2012