Beau Thai

beauthaidc.com - (202) 536-5636

Beau Thai Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Small, quaint neighborhood spot for Thai food Mar 26, 2012
I ate here in March 2012 for the first time. We had a little time to eat before going to the movies, so we stopped at Beau Thai. If you didn't know the restaurant was on the corner, you'd probably walk by...but in the summer, there's outdoor seating.

Beau Thai has been here for about 2 years and although the space is small, it is open, well lit and not over decorated. Best guess, there are about 14 tables inside that each seat 2 people and they can be moved around for larger groups. The owner is a sweet older woman with a pleasant smile. I ordered Drunken Noodles for $10 and it was one of the best dishes I have had. It was an appropriate serving, not too much food and it was perfectly spicy! Not too spicy where I couldn't eat it and not bland where I wish they would have added more. I drank my friend's Moscato more than he did, but I let him enjoy his curry and lemongrass chicken soup.

It's not quite the restaurant you'd travel over here for, but for those folks who live in the neighborhood, this is a GREAT spot to have lunch, dinner or a drink. My friend lives close by and orders out from here often, but I hope we get to go back...I could be tempted to try another dish, but the drunken noodles were realllly good here! Enjoy!

Check Washington Hotel Deals