Beatrice Kennedy

44 University Road, Belfast, United Kingdom

Beatrice Kennedy Belfast Reviews

DAO DAO
Feel at Home Feb 09, 2017
I really like this intimate restaurant. It’s located in the converted Victoria-era home of Beatrice Kennedy and her physician husband. In fact I had a very hard time finding this place in the dark as it just blends in with the other large residential houses around it. Inside is a narrow, but cosy well decorated interior. The staff are all young people who are pleasant. My waitress was a little slow on coming back to me, but I found all the staff happy to help. I couldn’t decide on a starter and took a safe choice with foie gras. It was very good. I then ordered the very good sounding “Pan roasted cod with leek & crab risotto, salsa verde & red pepper”. It tasted better. Beatrice Kennedy’s serves modern Irish dishes, excellent wines and cold beer. In fact they offer glasses of good wine at extremely affordable prices.

They offer Pre-Theatre, A la carte, vegetarian, Carte Blanche and Sunday lunch menus. The Carte Blanche is a 5 course meal (Chef’s choice of dishes) for £35.00 per person and with accompanying wines £60.00.

I dined here at a solo businessman, but would highly recommend this for a romantic meal. You just feel warm and at home here.

Awards:

AA Rosette since 2000; Taste of Ulster since 2009; Recommended in Georgina Campbell & Bridgestone Guides, Trip Advisor Award for Excellence.

Pre-theatre menu is available Tues-Sun 5pm-6.45pm (last booking 6.30pm on Saturday) and is an 'Express' sitting of 1 & 1/2 hours.

Check Belfast Hotel Deals