Bearnaise

315 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Washington, DC, USA

Bearnaise Washington Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Brunch at Bearnaise Jun 13, 2015
BĂ©arnaise is still a newcomer to the restaurant scene on Capitol Hill. We had a chance to try Brunch at this French and Belgian inspired restaurant.

The Brunch menu, served on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, ranges from omelettes to mussels. There is a burger if one must have it! I ordered the Croque Madame along with a Petite Salade. (Frites are also a side option, but I preferred the mixed greens.) Susan ordered the French Ham & Brie Omelette, also with a Petite Salade. The Croque Madame was excellent. Rich, I know, but a treat. It was very light in texture.

I would like to return to Bearnaise during regular menu hours to try the different varieties of Mussels.

The ambiance is pleasant, but the acoustics are, surprisingly, very noisy. Sounds and conversation just bounce off the exposed brick walls and wood paneling.

Stopping in later on a Saturday afternoon, we were still asked if we had a reservation. It would appear that Bearnaise would like it very much if you make a reservation through their web site.
Bearnaise on Capitol Hill