Beadnell Towers restaurant

Beadnell, England

Beadnell Towers restaurant Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Surprisingly good food Aug 11, 2016
On our second evening in Beadnell we met friends who have a holiday home here for dinner at the Beadnell Towers, the village’s small hotel. You can eat in a rather quirkily decorated part of the bar or in the more formal and rather old-fashioned restaurant. Our friend had requested the former when booking but was told that it was “first come, first served” and we ended up in the restaurant. This is somewhat lacking in atmosphere perhaps, but the menu is the same wherever you eat.

Talking of the menu, this is extensive and I was inclined to wonder how good the food might be, as a very long menu can mean that nothing is done as well as it might be, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of what I ate. This isn’t haute cuisine, but my crab salad starter (local crab with crisp apple slices, fennel and pink grapefruit) was excellent, and the linguine that accompanied my red mullet main was nicely cooked and lightly coated with pesto. Everyone else enjoyed their meals, with the Scotch egg starter emerging a favourite. Prices are reasonable and our young waitress was friendly and eager to please. A very nice evening!
Red mullet
Decorative touch in Beadnell Tower…

Check Beadnell Hotel Deals