Beacon Hotel Miami Beach

Check Miami Beach Hotel Deals

Beacon Hotel Miami Beach Reviews

mortarandpestle mortaran…
Good location and value for money. May 21, 2012
Before making judgments based on my "detailed ratings", I want to let you know that this is my first review ever (on all sites), so my scale is still a work in progress. However, I have stayed in plenty of hotels, and the following is my take on the Beacon Hotel.

Price: I booked around February 2011 for a stay in June 2011 (which was listed as off-peak for Miami), and got a double room (2 double beds) for US$137, which compared to Australia was good value for money. For this particular hotel, it was cheaper to book online directly on the hotel's website as compared to online booking sites such as booking.com, Expedia etc. Sometimes they offer further discounts (15-20%) if you 'like' their facebook page. They may also offer complimentary mojitos on arrival, but if you are offered you should remind the hotel staff of this, as I was in a hurry and forgot to claim it (Landed in Miami 4 hours before game 6 of the NBA Finals that I got tickets to!).

Location: Right on Ocean Road, with South Beach just across the road. Perhaps not the most prime location on Ocean Drive. But hey! Beach front hotel! The street front is very busy and the traffic can be quite slow.

View: If you pay extra you will be able to get a double room with a view, apparently of the beach. However, I did not take this option so I cannot comment. The view from the room I got was that of the hotel next door, and some of its roof, but I can't complaint with that price.

Amenities: Although I did not use any of the amenities, I know that they provide a gym, computers with Internet access, and valet parking. Wifi is also available here free of charge.

Staff: A mixed bag, but none were rude. Generally very polite, but some are less enthusiastic than others. A concierge will be assigned to you once you book (in my case online), and will offer to answer questions and any services that you require. Tips are assumed as is with all places in the USA.

Cleanliness: The room itself was clean and quite well presented on arrival. Nothing to complain about here. Ceramic tile floors.

Bathroom: It was very small, but with the hotel being of Art Deco architecture, it is not a surprise. It was clean and looked to be recently renovated.

Bed: I am writing this review a year on, so the memory is a bit fuzzy, but I don't remember the bed being an issue. That said, the bed I had at my own home at the time was pretty average!

Restaurant: The hotel has a restaurant on the street near the main entrance. The waiters and waitresses can be very persuasive it getting you to take a seat and dine in (offering 25% off or generally being very friendly). However they will generally leave you alone if you say 'no'. This restaurant charges an 18% "tip" to your bills, from memory. The food was pretty good, although I would say that it was a little bit pricey for what it is.

Taxi: Taxis are generally easily accessible without the need to get the concierge to call for one, but the can also do that for you if you wish.

All in all I enjoyed my stay here. It wasn't perfect, but it was very good for the price I paid. The Art Deco design and the hotel being one of the locations where 'The Godfather' was films also gives it an interesting novelty factor.

Thank you for taking your time to read my first ever review. I hope it was useful!
Beds
TV and cabinet (and door to bathro…
Bed
Bathroom

Beacon Hotel Miami Beach Overview

Visitors to the Beacon Miami Beach find themselves only steps from the Art Deco District, sights and sounds of Ocean Drive, shopping of Lincoln Road and Bal Harbour and even just a short trip to the Convention Center and Port of Miami as well. The Hotel Beacon Miami Beach is located at 720 Ocean Drive, and is roughly a twenty minute drive from the Miami International Airport.

Each of the 75 rooms in the Beacon Hotel South Beach Miami is outfitted in luxury and style, with designer furnishings, high-quality linens and signature toiletries, marble bathrooms, plasma TVs with cable service, Internet access, minibars and beverage stations, and personal safes among other fine amenities.

A true Art Deco structure (completed in 1937), the Beacon Miami Beach offers its guests a nice array of facilities and services that include an in-house restaurant with outdoor dining, daily breakfast service, limousine services, a boutique, fitness center, business service center, valet parking, concierge and tour desk services, and much more.

Beacon Hotel Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes