Be careful of tuk tuks

Bangkok, Thailand

Be careful of tuk tuks Bangkok Reviews

NJFirefighteR NJFirefi…
Bangkok tuk tuk Apr 24, 2011
They will try and hustle you into all types of activities and change the price of the ride. My advice is to know where you want to go, agree on a set price before you get in the vehicle and ensure the driver understands your mission before he starts driving because they will take you to places that they know of including local brothels instead of your original destination.
missygold missygold
Not as cheap as it seems May 02, 2009
I was on my way to take a the BTS with my mom to Chatuchak on a Sunday morning when a tuk tuk driver approached us and asked where we are going. I politely said no thank you, but he followed us and kept asking where we are going. I said Chatuchak & immediately he said it's closed bcos of holiday and he offered to take us for 20 baht(2person) but did not say take us to where. Of course I have read reviews warning about this kind of issue, and know that Chatuchak could not be closed on that day. So we ignored him and kept walking.

I also realised that sometimes taking the meter taxi is cheaper than tuk tuk. From Indra Square to MBK, the tuk tuk cos us 70bath(7pm). But the meter taxi from MBK to our Citin Pratunam Hotel at Phyayathai was only 55baht(9pm)!! Also the meter taxi from Grand Palace to our hotel is only 116baht(4pm). I would think that is cheap.

So if possible, ask the hotel reception about the rates of tuk tuks and meter taxis.

Related Travel Blogs About Be careful of tuk tuks

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Bangkok Champion. The matches were ordered in weight and consequently age. To be fair the kids were loving it . I went there with 3 Swedish girls and 2 Canadian guys…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals