Be Our Guest

Disney's Magic Kingdom Park, Orlando, FL, USA

Be Our Guest Orlando Reviews

christine4321 christin…
Disney Does It Again Feb 21, 2013
My husband and I were visiting Magic Kingdom and decided that we would take it easy for the day, we would not rush to use fast passes nor have much of a plan, we would just slow down and maybe stop for a beer. Guess what.....? No beer in the whole park we were told....... Laughed at us is what they did when we asked!

Later in the evening we happened to pass a new restaurant in the park that opened just this past November and at the bottom of the menu to our surprise it read "beer and wine served at dinner only". Hooray!!!

We mosey on up to the hostess who proceeds to tell us that they are booked up........... until August! I inquired about cancellations and she directed us back to the restaurant booth at the walk way. "you can check" she says. We look where she points and see that the line is about 8 parties long. Sadly, one party a a time, they were turned away, quite disappointed. I decided to try anyway, we really wanted a beer! My husband protesting all the while as he was convinced I was just wasting our time, time that could better be spent finding beer. It turned out that everyone in front of us were in parties of 4 or more so they could not be accommodated, but we being just two could get a table, and within the half hour!

I had been a bit perplexed because the Hostess would tell people that the restaurant was booked solid and several of the responses were " we don't want to eat, we just want a peek inside". What?...... Just a peek?...... Don't they want a beer? This of course was not permitted as guests would not want a parade of people coming in and disrupting their dinner.

When we entered the restaurant we found out why everyone was so curious......... it is beautiful! It looks just like the ball room in the movie of Beauty and the Beast!.

I completely forgot about having a beer and was absorbed by the beauty of the ballroom.

We were led to our table which was in the study to the side of the ballroom. This room was not quite so grand and the lighting was dimmed in comparison to the golden amber hue in the main room. We had been informed that we may take pictures after our dinner. Every now and then we would hear thunder and see slight flashes of lightening and the rose at the back of the room would light up. A short while later it was announced that our Host, The Beast, was available to greet us.

My husband ordered a bottle of Chimay beer brewed in Belgium by Monks. It had a whopping alcohol content of 9%! No wonder the monks take a vow of silence....... too drunk to speak! I can't remember what the name of the wine was that I drank but I do recall that I enjoyed it immensely.

My dinner began with a simple but delicious garden salad dressed with a champagne vinaigrette. Hubby had the French Onion soup made with a vegetarian broth and topped with crusty toasted bread covered in provolone cheese.

Next came.......... more beer, at least for my husband, I was still enjoying my wine.

For our main course we chose the strip loin steak served with a garlic butter topping, sauteed green beans with red peppers and crisps served with a truffle mayonnaise. It was absolutely delicious! It is very rare for me to want to eat at a restaurant let alone finish my entire meal, but this one, I did. Everything was flavored and cooked just beautifully.

We were pleasantly surprised at the price of our final bill. The price of the drinks led us to expect a bill considerably larger. My 6 oz glass of wine was $13 and my husband's beer was $11 and $10. The total cost for food and alcohol amounted to $113 US.

The entrees, if I recall correctly began at $17. For a bit of a cost savings lunch would be more affordable but be forewarned............no beer!

The service was of Disney quality and did not disappoint.

When dinner was finished we were off to the library for pictures with The Beast.
rsvpme says:
Now..that is an interesting worthy review.
Posted on: Feb 21, 2013