Be Lisbon Hostel

Check Lisbon Hotel Deals

Be Lisbon Hostel Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Great quality & value for money hostel in Lisbon May 10, 2017
From the Saldanha or Arroios Metro stations, it is a ten to fifteen minute walk to 'Be Lisbon Hostel.' I arrived from Saldanha and was checked into the hostel quickly by a man named Filip.

I had booked three nights in a six-bed dorm and was not disappointed by the quality throughout the hostel.

The dorm was clean and bright yet compact. There were very large drawers underneath the beds, each operated by the same key card you use to enter/exit the building and rooms. This made me feel very secure about leaving my luggage, especially my passport and camera. Curtains adorned each bed for privacy, and there was also a balcony looking over the street with a bistro table and chairs. The bunk beds are spacious and comfortable. There was a reading lamp and power socket for each bed.

It was quite stuffy on an evening, and too loud for me on the streets to leave the balcony doors open (Unfortunately I forgot to bring my earplugs - to my own detriment). However, the hostel itself was not a noisy one. Just be prepared for a bit of street noise (mostly traffic).

Bathrooms are communal and I found them to be of a very high standard when it came to cleanliness and hygiene. The shower pressure was fantastic. An added surprise bonus is that fluffy white towels are provided free of charge, there were also hair dryers in the bathrooms and soap dispensers to use in the shower.

The hostel had a nice & friendly, sociable feel. I did not interact much with staff but they appeared approachable. There were mostly young, solo backpackers, but also more mature solo individuals and families staying at the hostel. I prefer hostels to be that way as it's a great mix of people. It was easy to chat with people in the kitchen on an evening or over breakfast in the morning. There is also a small lounge area with couches, books and a TV.

Free wifi is available to use throughout the entire hostel and there is a computer for free use.

Breakfast is provided free of charge and served between 7am-10am (later on a weekend, 8am-11am I think). You can chose from a variety of cereals, bread/toast, spreads, ham, cheese, juice, tea and coffee. I had forgotten about this perk, so it was a boost when I arrived. A small kitchenette is available with storage space, an oven and microwave, should you wish to make your own meals.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Be Lisbon Hostel. It is quite a nice walk (30-40 minutes) into the historic centre of Lisbon where the main tourist attractions are, but it is easily accessible via metro, which is cheap and easy to get around on.

For three nights, it only cost me around £41 (aprox 49 Euros at time of stay, May, 2017), which I found to be extremely good value for money. Lisbon itself is a rather affordable, budget-friendly city for backpackers.

NB: There is a one Euro per night city tax charge on top of regular payment for staying in Lisbon.
Six-bed dorm, Be Lisbon Hostel, Po…
Six-bed dorm, Be Lisbon Hostel, Po…
Six-bed dorm/balcony, Be Lisbon Ho…
Kitchenette, Be Lisbon Hostel, Por…
planxty says:
Excellent review on what looks like exactly my type of place.
Posted on: May 24, 2017