Bazar Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Bazar Rotterdam Reviews

ivy ivy
Bazar, affordable food in Eastern surroundings Aug 10, 2011
In Rotterdam you can get lost choosing where to eat because of the many restaurants. So if you need a recommendation. Here is mine. Do you want something else than hamburgers and fries and you don’t want to spend more than for hamburgers and fries? Go to Bazar on the Witte de Witstraat in walking distance from the centre of town. Get one or two small dishes or the daily menu and save a bunch. What can be better than that?

Bazar is a concept for us Rotterdammers. One can eat tasty exotic food for relatively little money. Think of € 6 for a small dish and € 12 for a complete meal. But always Eastern and North-African food such as Iranian, Turkish and Egyptian recipes. See for yourself Do you want to know my favo? Check out the Zaalouk salad en Peyner Esme. Their meat is halal in case you need to know.

And you get cool surroundings while eating. Bazar is a colourful eatery which makes me think of a bazaar in Cairo. Hence the name. The remarkable lamps, coloured tables and chairs and even Christmas lights makes it a cosy snug place to be. It is always busy, so here a warning for dinnertime: make a reservation! To avoid that, we usually eat there at lunch time.

Do not forget the hotel with their African en Eastern decorated rooms. Hotel guests eat breakfast at Bazar. So you can too. Sometimes we come between 10.00 and 12.00 am and order from the lunch menu. No fuss, they are used to it. Everybody is welcome at every hour of the day between 08.00 am and 01.00 pm. Enjoy like we do!
Jacqinmiddenamerika Jacqinmi…
The middle east in Rotterdam Apr 18, 2005
Hotel & Restaurant Bazar is located in the Witte de Witstraat. The restaurant is really cozy with beautiful coloured tables and hanging lamps. You can taste different kind of dishes from the Middle East to the nothern parth of Africa. I can recommend breakfast including pide, acma, simit, different kind of cheese, confiture, honey, thousandholecake, yoghurt and fresh fruit, boiled egg, sucuk (it's a turkish saucage), fresh orange juice and tea or coffee. I would say step into a diverse and multicultural restaurant in Rotterdam!!
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
Posted on: May 20, 2011
alovetraveling says:
I loveeeee eating at the Bazar...jummy jummy for my tummy....;D
Posted on: May 20, 2011
arkenbout says:
I eat there very often (Rotterdam is my hometown) and the food just gets better and better. Great atmosphere and staff!
Posted on: Feb 12, 2010