Bayview Hotel & Apartments

Check Sliema Hotel Deals

Bayview Hotel & Apartments Sliema Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
Good for sleeping only but if you want some more you're wrong Jun 08, 2013
Since we're travelling mostly on low budget we were looking for a hotel just for sleeping. I checked the internet and found the Bayview Hotel & Appartements in Sliema. The reviews were mostly good so I didn't expect what we got.

Before we travelled there I've contacted the hotel manager by email because I wanted our Malta Passes being sent there in advance. She was very helpful and agreed to my wishes and I thanked her for her effort. After this experience I was hopeful but reallity wasn't great. The receiptionist was very grumpy & ineloquent (not that I'm a chatterbox :p) and it seems we're bothing him with checking-in. I asked him for the envelope with the Malta Pass and he handed it to me without any comment. I thanked him for his effort also.

Our room was at first floor and it was awful. I never had such a lousy one. Not only that it was dark and tiny (we didn't expect a ballroom for the price we'd paid) but it wasn't properly cleaned and the ceiling was musty & dirty. Seems they had a damage caused by water in the upper room and it wasn't fixed properly. The window was tiny and all we saw was the balcony of the next rooms and the floor. To find a glimpse of day light we had to crick our heads.

The bathroom was tiny but ok and the cleaning better than in the room itself. Therefore we didn't complain. Anyway, I missed the promised hair dryer which should be standard. I found out that I had to go to the reception again and asked for it and pay a € 10 deposit for it. As if I would steal that :p

At their website they advertise a Spa & Wellness Center. Don't believe that. The outdoor pool is old and needs a refurbishment urgently - at least a clean up. The indoor pool isn't much bigger than a bathtub and didn't look very welcoming. As well as the jacuzzi. All in all the area looked dirty & run-down.

There is a fitness room announced but referring to several other guests all machines are damaged and inoperative. One person complained at the receiption when I stopped by to pick up the hair-dryer but the receiptionist wasn't impressed and answered snottyly.

The breakfast was ok but not special and we got the same all week long. No changes not even on Sundays. Aware: check the date of expire of the yoghurt. I had one which was expired for 3 days already. Seems they buy very cheap stuff.

The only good thing was the location. It's right at the harbor boardwalk and you have an amazing view on Valetta & the harbor.

A bus stop is right in front of the hotel so it's easy to reach nearly every spot on the island by public transport. Restaurants, bars & some grocery stores are in walking distance.

All in all I can say that I can't recommend this hotel. I always travel on low budget but this is the worst hotel I've been to by far. And it isn't worth even a low price. There might be better ones around.
Bayview Hotel & Appartments
Bayview Hotel & Appartments
The Boardwalk
The room was tiny
stacey72 says:
I hope so too! :D
Posted on: May 05, 2014
aloneinthecrowd says:
Thanks Stacey :) It was ok for some days but I wouldn't choose it again ;) Hopefully "Hotel California" will be better ;)
Posted on: May 05, 2014