Bayside Inn Key Largo

Bayside Inn Key Largo Rates and Deals

Bayside Inn Key Largo Reviews

anupa_rk anupa_rk
Bay-side, yes.. but not much more Aug 22, 2010
On my recent trip to the Florida Keys with my parents, we stayed at the Bayside Inn at Key Largo.

We had wanted to squeeze in Miami as well as Key West into the trip and so, staying at Key Largo seemed to be a good choice.

Also, my parents love going snorkeling and from everything I had read, Key Largo was a good spot for that.

There are several dozen resorts, hotels and B&Bs in the Key Largo area and it really is very difficult to narrow down on a place to stay. Each advertises all the same features. So it was just a matter of picking whatever felt reasonable.

The Bayside Inn is located just off the Overseas Highway (US 1) near Mile Marker 100. The website had advertised a fresh water pool as well as a private beach. Complimentary "continental" breakfast was also included in the package.

The first glitch in their operations hit us as soon as we arrived. We had called them ahead of time to inform them that we would be checking in only at 9 in the night. I hadnt thought that this would be a problem and had called ahead just as a matter of courtesy. Turned out, it was a good move! The office closes at 5 p.m. and there is no one on site until the next morning.

They told us that we would find out room keys in a black box outside the office with the words "Late Arrival" painted on it.

So far so good.

We arrived. Found the black box. But there was no key in the box.

I tried calling the number I had. But there was no response there either.

Finally, I walked into the on-site Japanese restaurant and told the person there of my predicament. He pointed me to a inconspicuous notice board which had an emergency number listed on it. Thanking him, I called the number and spoke to the owner lady who said she would get to the hotel in 10 minutes and give us our keys.

Disaster averted.

The room itself was fairly nice. Pretty linen.. a nice 42 inch LCD TV.. nice furniture.

The next morning we got up bright and early and headed to the lobby for some continental breakfast! We were greeted by some cereal and coffee.. and orange juice. Oh, and toast - of course! (Maybe I'm just a spoilt brat!)

We asked the lady at the lobby about snorkeling tours and she recommended one that she claimed was the best in the area (Oh yes, I definitely have a review for that one coming up!)

Long story short, the snorkeling trip was a disaster. We didnt see any corals. We did see a couple of fishies (and when I say "a couple" I mean just that - Two. Ok, maybe three!)

We came back to the Inn and decided to check out their private beach and pool.

The pool was mucky. The beach was a piece of land - 3 feet wide.

I dont know about the other hotels in the area in this price range. But for about $100 a day (and thats after using their FL resident discount offer!), I thought we could do a tad bit better!
timein timein
A great place to stay Jul 31, 2009
This place was great. We stayed in one of the suites, if you can afford it do it as you can stay on your balcony while watching the sunsets oh and dont forget the beautiful sunrises. The staff is great. Everything was more than we expected. Nice comfy bed, soft pillows, great room very clean.
view from our balcony
great sunrise view
great fountain in front of hotel
sylviandavid says:
wow.... great place....nice review. Sylvia
Posted on: Jan 01, 2010

Bayside Inn Key Largo Overview

The Bayside Inn Key Largo is situated close to various attractions. Among these are the Theater of the Sea, Dolphin Cove, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park and the Crocodile Lake National Wildlife Refuge. The Miami International Airport and downtown Key Largo are likewise close by.

There are 56 Studio Suites and One-Bedroom Suites at the Bayside Inn Key Largo. These accommodations have full kitchens, wireless Internet connections, LCD televisions, dining areas, living rooms and private bathrooms. Some suites have private balconies that look out to the Florida Bay.

The Bayside Inn Key Largo features a private beach, two jetties, a swimming lagoon and an outdoor heated swimming pool. This property also provides wedding services, a fitness gym, a business center, a sunset terrace, wedding services and free high-speed wireless Internet access.

Bayside Inn Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower