Bayou Segnette State Park

Check Westwego Hotel Deals

Bayou Segnette State Park Westwego Reviews

adamandsarajo adamands…
Easy last minute Mardi Gras accomodations Apr 05, 2009
A few years ago, I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans on a last minute whim. No reservations, no plans. Heck, no money! I arrived around midnight, and soon found that hotel rooms in the French Quarter were going for $500+ a night. I was desperate. I hoped my road atlas would find me an alternative, something affordable - a campground. The nearest to N.O., at 20 minutes away was Bayou Segnette. Bayou Segnette provided a welcome haven from the high prices and madness of Mardi Gras. At only $18 a night, this was something I could handle. Safe, friendly, well lit and easy to get to. As a young woman off on her own, this was way easier to deal with than trying to get an over-priced hotel room in town, search for the ever elusive parking place, then walk for upwards of a quarter mile back to your half your monthly salary room.

Not only do they have campsites, but cabins are available that sleep (if I recall) about six or so. These have awesome screened porches that are over the water. Not only that, but just up the road is a fish market, and Westwego Swamp Adventures, so even if you don't make it into town there's still a lot to do in the area.

Check Westwego Hotel Deals