Bayou Burger & Sports Company

www.bayouburger.com - 504-529-4256

Bayou Burger & Sports Company New Orleans Reviews

e_w_richardson e_w_rich…
Big Portioned Sports Bar Jan 21, 2013
So the first thing you need to know about Bayou Burger is that the portions are absurd. My wife and I went in to get a quick snack as we were drinking our way down Bourbon Street. We got the Sportsman's Top Picks which was an appetizer platter. What we weren't ready for was that it would suffice as a lunch instead of an appetizer. We literally could not eat it all by ourselves. Fried pickles, kettle chips, onion straws, and "crab traps" made for a wonderful bite (who am I kidding, it was a mouthful) but it paled in comparison to the beers. We ordered two draft beers because we prefer draft to bottle, yes I know we're beer snobs, and we were okay paying $6 for a pint. We considered it a tourist tax. It wasn't a pint. It was a fishbowl filled with beer. Imagine a glass that could hold two pints, and that was what we got. Needless to say we got more than our money's worth.

As for atmosphere it is a traditional sports bar. Attractive and attentive wait staff mixed with a good amount of televisions playing different sporting events makes for a great, albeit loud atmosphere. Plenty of cheering, cheersing, and chugging to whet any sportsman's appetite. Did I mention that they serve mountains of food?! If you need a break from walking Bourbon Street and you're super hungry stop here and you won't leave unhappy.
Two huge beers!