BayanBulag Tourist Camp

Baga Gazryn Chuluu, Mongolia

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

BayanBulag Tourist Camp Baga Gazryn Chuluu Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Tourist camp near the canyon Jun 26, 2015
This tourist camp located near the main sight of Baga Gazryn Chuluu, where the sight of rock formation located. The owner and other staff can not speak English, so our cook negotiate the price with them in Mongolian. Not much sight from this place except bare landscape.

It appears the gers camp just open for the season and nobody staying there, so we have the whole place for our self which is a blessing since we have to share the sink, shower and toilet facilities with other guests. The toilet facilities located near the gers camp.

The hot water just turn on when we check in, so no hot water for a couple hours and no shower for us at night time.

The camp has one restaurant located at the entrance which can serve breakfast, lunch or dinner. Unfortunately we did not try their food, since we have our own cook who cook for us. We only has tea and coffee at this place.

In the morning when we opt to have breakfast in the camp, the restaurant is still closed at 8am in the morning so we can not have it either. They open at 9am – which we depart at that time.

The gers camp at this place looks old and run down, the owner need to tidy the gers before we can put our stuff inside. It was pouring rain very hard after we check in (within ten minutes), and since no electricity inside the gers after we check in, we decided to go to the restaurant which luckily open and have electricity so we can have something to drink to warm up our self.

We wondered if the gers will survive the rain and hope that no water go inside.

After a couple of hours in the restaurant, we decided to investigate our gers and luckily our stuff still intact inside and no water floating around, and we have electricity inside the gers, which I feel very happy.

Inside the gers has 2 single beds push together into one big bed, two clean big towels and two clean small towels on the bed for us to use, a small table to put things and one stool to sit.

The bed itself comfortable enough made from proper mattress with duvet cover and extra blanket.

It was very quiet and dark at night time as the electricity was off at 11pm and luckily I brought candles with me so I have light and I need to bring torch to go to toilet outside.

It was kind of strange and spooky to sleep in this kind of accommodation especially when I have to go out to relieve myself.

Unfortunately the owner is not honest, as when we depart in the morning, we paid the money to him and he insisted more money from us. Since we had agreed the night before, we told our cook about the incident and then he deal with the owner and it seems okay after they have a word.

It was an okay stay and new experience for this kind of place for me.
the sign outside
flush toilet
it is share toilet but has flush t…

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Baga Gazryn Chuluu Map