Bay Front Park

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland

Bay Front Park Chesapeake Beach Reviews

HuBison HuBison
OK place to hang for a few hours Jul 06, 2010
The murky water is what gets me the most. I usually don't go in water north of Miami; my rule is that if I can't see my feet, then I'm not going in!

But, when you want some ocean air, it has nice sand to lounge on. I parked somewhere else and walked down the boardwalk to get to the beach. The New Yorker in me leaped out when I saw a beaver on the rocks up against the water, but otherwise, the boardwalk is so nice! Has some benches to sit on and then you can let your mind wander as you look out onto the Bay.
diisha392 diisha392
Small Beach with a Fee Aug 01, 2007
Bay Front Park offers residents and visitors the chance to view the Chesapeake Bay from a small sandy beach. If the day is hot, enjoy a swim although the clear water turns murky when you step onto the muddy bottom; bring your own beach umbrellas or blankets. Speaking of blankets, the beach provides the traditional summer setting for a picnic; trash cans aid in the clean-up process. If you don’t mind getting your feet wet, exploring to the south allows an escape from the beach. On cooler days walking the boardwalk is a popular choice for both humans and dogs.

The park’s facilities are limited to portajohns.

Parking gets very crowded on nice days. You may need to park alongside Rt. 261.

Park is open from dawn to dusk.

Starting August 2009, the park began charging a fee for non-county residents above the age of 2. You must be able to provide proof of residency. For adults, the fee is either $7 or $9 for the day (I can't remember) which in my opinion is a bit on the high side for what the beach has to offer
looking out into the bay
kalpita says:
Congrats..........You are featured
Posted on: Feb 16, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Bay Front Park

Just relaxing
I have visited Bay Front Park a few times before.  This morning I decided to walk to the right for as long as I could or alternatively as long as I felt like.  In the end it was as long as …I have visited Bay Front Park a few times before.  This morning I decided to walk to the right…

Check Chesapeake Beach Hotel Deals