Bavaria Filmstadt

Bavariafilmplatz 7, Munich, Germany

Bavaria Filmstadt Munich Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
For German film fans, but also "Das Boot" and "Neverending Story" fans Oct 15, 2012
My visit to the Bavaria Film Studios was a trip back into my childhood here in Germany and reminiscent of my prior visit some twenty odd years ago.

My first impression was that the price was kind of steep. $25 Euro for the complete tour, $11 if you only do the small tour. I think the later will not get you entry to Bullyversum, which was my favorite part (not sure if it would be enjoyable for non-German speakers.)

Guided tours are available in English, but I would definitely call ahead to see how it is being booked and organized.

The guided tour I was on (in German) started with a 4-D movie of "Lissi and der Wilde Kaiser" a movie by my fellow Bavarian Michael "Bully" Herbig. After this we got to see some older movie sets and new ones as well. Those included:

Das Boot (you get to walk through the U-boat!!)

Neverending Story (you get to sit on Falkor)

Fun fact: They used mud from the Isar river for the swamp scene in the movie, and over the weekend all the larva "sleeping" in the mud came to live and they had a very infested and life-like swamp studio when they returned to work on a Monday morning.

Asterix & Obelix, Ludwig (new movie, comes out this winter), Die Wilden Kerle, Sturm der Liebe, and some others.

My absolute favorite part was the Bullyversum. I don't think many non-Germans will be familiar with Michael "Bully" Herbig's work, but let me just tell ya, he's an all around multi-talented individual. Movie producer, composer, writer, actor.

Bullyversum is in his honor, and has everything, from a recreation of his childhood room, his toys, his first scripts, and lots and lots of props from his movies, such as the Spacetaxi or the Timesofa.

There are 3 movie theaters inside Bullyversum, where you get to interact with the video. It will talk back to ya. Again, not sure how enjoyable this part would be for non-German speakers.

So for all the Germans, reading this review:

Ich empfehle einen Besuch ins Bavaria Filmstudio, besonders wen ihr Bully-Fans seid. ;)
The sign at the entrance
Old film equipment
Old film equipment
An old movie set where the backgro…

Check Munich Hotel Deals