Bauernschänke

Hautpstrasse 19, Eschborn, Germany

Bauernschänke Eschborn Reviews

dahling dahling
German and Bohemian Specialties in old farmers house Sep 03, 2008
Right on the corner of MainStreet, the Bauernschaenke is one of the oldest Restaurants in Eschborn. It sits in an old farmhouse and therfore there are different dining room, which makes it nice, because they have a seperate room for smokers, sometimes you can sit outside as well.

Being a typical German place, you will hardly every find a foreigner in here, it is a place where locals hang out.

The specialty of this restaurant are bohemiam. The food is very hearty and sooo delicious. My favorite are the little "quarkknoedel" but order them before your main course, they take at least 20 min to make and they only prepare them on not too crowded days. Oh it is more of a dessert, filled with apricots and drenched in butter with cinnamon...

Of course their roasts and dumpling are outstanding as well. And if you come around the holidays, it is one of the few places that still serve goose for St. Martins day.

The portion are fairly large, so I think even with an american appetite you will be full here. After dinner you could go next door for a glass of wine, if you are able to get a table, you will enjoy the cozy atmosphere with a large fireplace in the middle...

After going again with a fellow TB, I must say, I was very disappointed and dropped my stars to average. It was full, but still it took forever to get waited on and that was okay, so we ate after everybody else, that was okay, but when I specifically wanted home fries and made sure I said, absolutely no french fries - and then they bring my food covered in grease with ff that were cold - no, definetely cannot go above average. I assume they figured if I do not like fries anyways, they might as well serve them cold, it makes no difference, I won't eat them anyways. :(

My TB friend liked his food (he had what I had the first time) so my suggestion - stay with the bohemian specialties and don't go there on a weekend...
dahling says:
Well, last time I only eat the desert- and I was full, they are very rich - yes, the other meals are typical German size.
jennjeff1 says:
What if I just skip the apricots & cinnamon desert? Will I still be full? ~Jeff
alyssa_ob says:
Oooh, quarkknoedel sounds delicious!

Check Eschborn Hotel Deals