Bates City Bar-B-Que

www.bcbarbque.com - (920) 434-7447

Bates City Bar-B-Que Green Bay Reviews

sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Kansas City Style Barbecue in Wisconsin Jun 09, 2012
Update: 6/9/12 - After moving to a new location a few months back, this place has now permanently closed.

Having lived near Kansas City for a while, this place truly does have the whole KC Barbecue thing down just right. i had a brisket sandwich and baked beans.

The brisket is normally a tough cut of meat and needs to be prepared correctly to be good. This place does exactly that because it was delicious, tender, and not swimming in sauce, which I liked. The BBQ sauce that they have created accents the meats yet does not cover up the meat's flavor.

I thought the atmosphere was fun. It does remind me of the KC BBQ joints where you serve yourself and the prices stay reasonable. I'm going back and having the BBQ Ribs next time.

Interior has picnic tables and rustic tables and chairs for guests. Tables are all adorned with a roll of paper towel and extra bbq sauce. I thought it was a fun atmosphere --- kind of a party atmosphere with rockin' music playing and a warm-climate feeling bar.

It smells fantastic inside and it is fun to watch the meat chef to tend to the smoking meat inside the huge wood-fired oven. I took several pictures of this place so photos will be coming soon.

I highly recommend this place over a place like Tony Roma's. No comparison. I'll be back with friends next time.
Dr_Seuss says:
Think you must be a jinx Elle :D They'll be greeting you at the door with 'PLEASE don't review us ' :D
Posted on: Jun 09, 2012