Batanes Resort

National Road, Basco, Philippines

Batanes Resort Basco Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Best Value Hotel I have ever stayed Jun 24, 2010
This is a governement-owned resort which is very well managed that you feel like you are actually staying in a warm private accommodation. The rooms are nice and clean. The size is alright but the view..oh dear!!! We were in the best room - Itbayat B (for the same price of P1800/night good for 3 pax) and it has the view of the South China Sea and the beach just down below from the higher part of the hill where our room is located!!! You will have the natural music of the waves to keep you relax and the view is simply magnificent! The staff were very very helpful and very nice and warm! They had guests like Ambassadors/consul of Brazil and Mali recently and I felt treated like one too! :) There are no food included in the room rate but breakfast is only P100/pax and very nice. We had dinner there and paid only P150/head for a large serving of meal which are very appetizing that I had to commend the chef after my dinner :) Your room will be squeaky clean and your stuff will be well arranged when your back even if you did a tasmanian devil before you leave. There are no vaults to keep your valuables but theft is almost unheard of in Batanes and I left my valuables all the time, as well as my other 11 companions and nothing was taken by the staff. My roommate had some clothes wet and left hanging on top fo some flowery bush right outside our room to dry and when we came back, she found it neatly folded at the side of our bed inside our bedroom! They definitely take a step further in service! :) Our contact person was Krizia krizia_merina@yahoo.com whoc is the front desk officer and she is very efficient and organized from reservation until payment. She immediately answers queries I send via text (+639275829078) and email. What impresses me the most is that upon final payment the night before we leave the hotel, when we asked to pay for the hotel, she already have the billing ready in a very organized manner that made things very easy for us to review and pay. The following day, she arranged a vehicle to take us to the airport the same way she arrnaged and picked us up from the airport when we arrived. This is a superb accommodation and if you are not into luxury, this is the best value ever!
entrance to the resort
reception area
lounge area
TravellinChic says:
Most welcome! Thank you for appreciating and for your kind compliments. :)
Posted on: Feb 07, 2013
MarkA02 says:
I think that as we near Valentines Day and men have to scramble fast (unless they did very careful, meticulous planning already) to provide that sweetheart in one's life just exactly the right gift(s) she'll love, well, maybe a trip to the Batanes comes to mind? If so, then steer that man here to Natalie's travelogue to get all the necessary inspiration to book it! Am I right? If a man wants to be a king in his lady's eyes, do her a big treat and make it Batanes/Basco/Batan Island. Thank you, Natalie, for this first hand account.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2013