Basilica Hotel

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals

Basilica Hotel Istanbul Reviews

Mextra Mextra
Be aware... NOT a good hotel Apr 26, 2010
OK, it's a nicely decorated hotel, the location is excellent and the rooms are large and clean BUT...

There is a lot to be improved, a lot!

The guy at the reception is rude and uninterested. We spent 4 nights in this hotel, had a couple of issues and every single time he would try to tell us off first instead of showing the least bit of interest. Being reasonable persons and on holiday we tried to ignore that, but after a few days it really started to be a pain!

He could have shown some interest when we complained the first morning about a loud and disturbing sound which had been coming from the walls all night long (someting like expanding heating pipes - I'm not sure, but that's what it reminded us of), but he barely showed a response. Because we insisted we got a new room. He did not even bother to hide what he personally thought of it... Instead he started argueing about the fact that we booked a triple room for 2 persons only. So? It was the only option at and as long as we pay for it, it's not his problem right? Since he started the discussion I said I thought it was not appropriate then that they gave us a (cheaper!) double room for the first night. I was not asking for a refund and I would have ignored this fact if treated correctly. We did not come to an agreement on this, he just tried to cause confusion by beating around the bush. Just as much as necessary for making me give up without him having to admit to anything - and yes I did give up, I'm on holiday and don't want to fight over details!

According to the technical person the ticking sound had been made by a bird?!? Yeah, right... Later that day someone else changed it to 'the neighbours were hanging decorations' bla bla bla...

Breakfast is not great. It's not much and the quality is poor. When we asked for some more juice (machine was empty) we were asked to 'make a request at the reception because staff in the breakfast room would also like to be able to serve it' - ?!? Weird...

Don't be surprised it you return to your room around 5pm after a day of sightseeing and the room has not been cleaned yet. It happened twice and our 'friend' at the reception would just raise his shoulders, say 'so what?' and tell us the room would be cleaned later. After a full day of activities I just want to rest a bit and refresh myself before going out for dinner, not having to wait in the lobby while cleaners keep my room occupied!

In the rooms you will find all kinds of service articles, from shaving kits to toothbrushes and so on. Strangely enough obvious articles like a box of tissues, an alarm clock (or anything telling the time), a city guide and dirt bin (only one in the bathroom) were lacking.

The only guy who really deserves some credits for being capable, really kind and genuinly interested in our well being was the bell boy!

At the airport we coincidentally ran into a lady we met in the hotel before. She also had the most horrible experience and told us she had even changed hotels.

No, I do not recommend this hotel at all! Location is good, but there are plenty of other, nice looking hotels in the same neighborhood, even in the same street. Be wise...
teresa73 teresa73
Brand new hotel in Sultanahmet ! Mar 16, 2010
If you are looking for 4-star luxury at an affordable price, this is the hotel for you. Situated about 5 minutes from the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and the Topkapi Palace, and even closer to quaint cafes, this hotel offers great value for your money. The rooms and bathrooms are large for Istanbul standards, the beds are extremely comfortable, satisfying breakfast buffet and friendly staff. I would definitely return !

Basilica Hotel Overview

The Basilica Hotel is situated only a short walk from the Blue Mosque. Guests will find that Hagia Sophia is also nearby, making this one of the most convenient Istanbul hotels for exploration. The hotel also provides easy access to the Grand Bazaar as well as Topkapi Palace. The Basilica Hotel is located within easy reach of the airport as well as many Istanbul attractions. Taxis and rental cars are readily available throughout the area and offer transit to the airport and to the many points of interest nearby.

All of the guestrooms at the Basilica Hotel feature an Ottoman style d├ęcor. All rooms offer 27 inch LCD televisions as well as Jacuzzis. Private bathrooms and many other amenities are offered in all guestrooms.

Guests will find many shops and restaurants near the Basilica Hotel. The hotel offers a terrace restaurant as well as a breakfast buffet. Other hotel amenities include a Turkish bath, a steam bath, and a sauna.

Basilica Hotel Amenities

• Shops
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes