Basic tips for a more relaxed Cairo tour!

Cairo, Egypt

Basic tips for a more relaxed Cairo tour! Reviews

chrisbas33 chrisbas…
Jan 07, 2005
Although one of the most common ways to sightsee a foreign town is through a travel agency group, especially in the case of Cairo, I would stronlgy propose a better option: Either you travel on your own or you are with 3-4 friends, you can book (for a low amount of money) a local taxi driver for a whole day (or for a few hours) and you can set your time schedules and visits according to your mood and preferences.

This has been one of my best experiences, as our driver was speaking English fluently and he proposed some spots in Cairo that in no other way we would have the chance to see (for example we rested in a traditional kafe in Islamic Cairo and smoked nargileh and we had the chance to visit some less famous museums after the driver's advice).

Of course, another plus for such a tour, is that you can stay in a sigthseeing as long as you like and not follow a predefined schedule.

You can find such taxi drivers all over the city center (especially around the big Western-like hotels) and you can always bargain (and predefine) the amount of money for booking the driver.

I will search for some telephones and e-mails and I will re-edit the review as soon as possible! Coming back with extra tips for Cairo!!!
Great view to Nile from the 26th f…
In front of Egyptian Museum!

Check Cairo Hotel Deals