Basel BackPack Hotel

Basel BackPack Hotel Rates and Deals

Basel BackPack Hotel Reviews

benwielenga benwiele…
Old factory hostel Aug 28, 2012
This hostel, located in an old factory, is the ideal accommodation when you are planning to visit Basel. The hostel is easily accessible from the train station as well as from the Euroairport Basel, Mulhouse and Freiburg.

I had a late arrival at the hostel so I was instructed about a key-safe at the hotel, which worked out perfectly, even though there was still someone at the office.

My private room, which are obviously scarce at the hostel, was spacious and clean. Nevertheless, the bathroom and toilet were situated at the corridor, and I had to share this with kids who where enjoying a school trip.

The price was quite expensive for three nights, but this is quite common for a country as Switzerland. Anyhow, I had a good time in this hostel and I am highly recommending it as well!
architiki architiki
Positive Review for Backpackers Basel Apr 29, 2008
This was one of the most friendly, clean and worthwhile hostels I stayed at while touring Switzerland. The hostel is part of a larger adaptively reused factory complex, which gives it a unique character. In the complex are artist workshops and restaurants and it is full of plants and appeared to have a "sustainability" focus. Pretty neat. While we were checking in, the hostel's owner Christof was friendly and gave us a recommendation to eat at the Blindekuh (Blind Cow) restaurant around the corner. The restaurant did not disappoint--the meal is in complete darkness served by blind and visually impaired people, plus the food was delicious.

The hostel itself was simple, but sometimes simple is better. We were in a 4 person room and the bathroom were shared in the corridor. The only negative for me was that the walls were thin and a family in the adjacent room had a baby that cried for a few hours beginning at 4am. I recall the front desk had particular check-in/out hours. The front desk did double duty as the desk and the bar for the really delicious thai restaurant. Though not especially close to the city center, the hostel was close to a quick tram ride downtown. It is certainly within walking distance to the train station and the surrounding neighborhoods where nice to walk through on the way to the hostel.

Highly recommend.
lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
May 26, 2007
This probably won't be a very good review as I am quite biased against this place as we had to stay here when we didn't want to. We were only there for 1 night so I don't know if it is close to the main area of town or to any cool places. I can tell you though that it is close to a strip club haha. It's not too far away from the train station, you just have to go out the back entrance of the train station and catch the tram for like 5 minutes and then walk some. So I guess you could walk to the hostel from the train station but we were too lazy to lol. Rooms were decently cleaned with really large bunkbeds. The beds were really really comfortable though, one of the most comfy we came across on our trip I'd say. Bathrooms weren't bad but they had awesome water pressure so that was good. Either then that I don't have much to say about this place. Oh yeah and there was an asian take away place in the hostel as well but I was kind of confused by that lol
The only good thing about this pla…

Basel BackPack Hotel Overview

The BaselBackPack lies in the Gundeldinger Feld, a refurbished factory from 1826. Freshly renovated with warm colors, the BaselBackPack offers a cozy ambience in loft style. There are 80 beds in private double-, triple-, quad- and family-rooms and inexpensive beds in dorms, shared showers and toilets are next to the rooms. A self-catering kitchen, a lounge and hang-out with internet, vending machines, laundry and dryer , everything is handicapped accessible and operates according to the 2000-Watts-Society. Our Bar-Cafe PriMateria serves snacks and refreshments from breakfast to a late cocktail to cool sounds. The Gundeldinger Feld area offers restaurants, bistros, bars, playground, indoor climbing, pilates-studio, library, ateliers, theater, circus- and dancing schools, and houses various offices and services. Basel - Culture Unlimited. The university city and Swiss Culture Capital is a sensational site with rich cultural-, historical-, leisure- and culinary offerings, numerous research-, sports-, industrial-, trade and educational institutions of world prominence. Be inspired by our great city on river Rhine, the northern portal to Switzerland.

Basel BackPack Hotel Amenities

• Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower