Base Sydney

Base Sydney Rates and Deals

Base Sydney Reviews

jdig0304 jdig0304
Great hostel, centrally located Feb 06, 2012
The hostel is located right in the middle of Sydney near public transportation and plenty of restaurants. The hostel itself is huge and has a rooftop pool. The kitchen is massive, there are 6-8 computers available, and a bar. Very friendly staff and great facilities. The private rooms have plenty of space and a comfy bed. I highly recommend staying here.
bostonian bostonian
Busy but Fun Sep 20, 2011
I booked BASE as my first stop in Sydney and it did not disappoint. Backpackers were coming and going all over the place and in just a few hours I met a group of guys to go out with. There is something a little bit commercialized and impersonal about Base, but if you're looking to live the all-out party-all-day life then it can't be beat. There are also numerous job search resources in the travel center which are useful if you're in need of cash to fund your stay. Unfortunately, not much work-for-accomodation is available as they have a steady long-term staff. Also, there is supposedly an alcohol ban in the rooms but that is hardly enforced...
krenu05 krenu05
Apr 26, 2007
Base is a great place to stay in Sydney. It is centrally located in the city. It's right next to Townhall Station and the Queen Victoria Building and Darling Harbour are only minutes away. The staff are pretty friendly and easy going. It's a great place to meet other backpackers if you're traveling solo. Also, there's a bar right next door and on some nights you get discounts on drinks. I would definitely stay here again.
Morle says:
Yes, I agree that Base is quite a nice hostel. I didn't stay there myself but visited a friend there.
But I also have to say that it is one of the most expensive hostels in Sydney (if not in whole Australia). Back in 2006 one night in a 6-bed-dorm cost AU$ 28, so about 5 to 8 dollars more than the average price for a hostel in Sydney.
Posted on: Jan 11, 2008
lukewa says:
Base was a really good hostel. It was clean, I felt comfortable leaving my things without fear of someone taking them, and I loved being just minutes away from the loop and Darling Harbour!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Base Sydney

Saaie busreis
Een lange dag in de bus om bij Christchurch te komen. 's Avonds hebben we een afscheidsdinner gehouden met de mensen met wie ik het meeste optrok de laatste weken. De meerderheid vliegt nu naar Sydne…Sydney kan krijgen, boek ik een trip naar Fiji. Ik ging naar Base en een jongen regelde mijn bed in Base
Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…base of the mountains. The cliffs were   a sheer   vertical wall of different coloured rocks, reds, oranges with dark layers mostly.   As I drove along, well under…
Halftime Schooners?
Arriving at the Sydney harbour bridge and looking over towards the opera house was a bit of a defining moment in my travels. At this point I was about half way, six months, into my solo round the wor…Sydney-based Pom, Bobby from Manchester man! I made sure to avoid any teapot-related incidences this time though…

Check Base Rates and Deals