Kingsgate Place, Kilburn, United Kingdom

Barraco Kilburn Reviews

debsadams1979 debsadam…
A real hidden gem Jan 15, 2012
I didn't even know this place even existed and I've been living in the area for over a year. Not that's really surprising given Barraco's hidden location tucked away down a back street off Kilburn High road. My house mate recommended it and the little jaunt down a back street proved worthwhile.

The majority of people in the restaurant seemed to be Brazilians who knew about the place already so you got the feeling that the place must be good.

The place feels like an extension of someone's kitchen, not that that is an issue as it makes you feel at ease and that you're in someone's home rather than a formal restaurant. The menu has lots of traditional Brazilian dishes, feijoada and moqueca's as well as excellent value steaks and other meats cooked on the grill.

Smoothies are made with fruits found native to Brazil, such as acai and acerola, and are also a must. If you are there on a weekend and have the opportunity to kick back a few drinks then make sure you sample a few caipirinhas.

Given that three of us went for dinner and sampled a variety of dishes between us the meal was a bargain at around £15 a head (we didn't have any alcohol though) and I can't wait to take some other friends to show them what a great little place this is.

Check Kilburn Hotel Deals