Barong Cafe Bungalow and Restaurant

Amed, Indonesia
(0363) 22053

Compare Tulamben Hotel Rates (14.1km away)

Barong Cafe Bungalow and Restaurant Amed Reviews

Melmay20 Melmay20
Luxurious and Affordable Jan 14, 2013
Whilst travelling around Bali, we really wanted to go to a place called Amed for its stunning views and to go snorkelling (as it's renowned for the best snorkelling on the Island). We came across this hotel, and got more than we bargained for, we got it at a good price, as it was out of season. Not only that, we got what we thought was the best room, because it seemed to be the only one upstairs, so therefore was going to have a beautiful view, and it did. To the left of the balcony there was a view of the sea and on the right a view of the mountains, what more could you want!

The room itself was very spacious, clean, fresh, bright and had good air-con, a nice comfy double bed and a lovely bathroom, which I remember, the shower had no roof above it, so you can look up at the sky whilst having a shower, another hotel we stayed at had that as well, which I thought was really different and a nice idea!

The swimming pool was a good size and you have a view of the ocean in front of you, which was wonderful. The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful and the food was to a good standard as well, there wasn't a lot of choice on the breakfast menu, but I was happy with pancakes or omelette every day! They had a sort of computer room, which was great for checking on emails! You can hire mopeds from them as well, which is a must for travelling around.

As you go through reception, you walk on to a pathway and there is a little stream running underneath with fishes in, and also a small island bit in the middle with a table and some cushions, where we eat our dinner one night, which was quite magical!

Overall the hotel was extremely good! I couldn't fault it in any way, we had a fantastic few days there and I recommend it to anyone who is passing through Amed.
Chokk says:
Sounds really nice
Posted on: Jan 29, 2014

Compare Tulamben Hotel Rates (14.1km away)

Amed Map