Barney's Beanery

+1 310-656-5777

Barney's Beanery Santa Monica Reviews

dlazzaro dlazzaro
May 24, 2006
Barney's Beanery is a famous and very popular bar with two locations in the Los Angeles area. There is one in West Hollywood and other in Santa Monica on Third Street. I have visited both, but I generally like the Santa Monica location more.The trademark of this bar is that it has almost every beer every made. From Budwiser to obscure mini-brews from Belgium, this bar has it. You could come here 50 times and try a new beer every time.In addition to beer, the bar offers pretty good food -- nothing world class, but from tacos to burgers, it is solid fare.Another selling point is that this bar has a ton of TV's, making it a great place to watch sports events, especially anything involving the local UCLA university teams.Anyone who visits Third Street should stop by Barney's and have a brew!
thumbelina881 says:
I love Barney's and agree with you that the Santa Monica location is the best. :)
Posted on: Oct 25, 2006
Eric Eric
Nov 14, 2006
The most notable thing about Barney's is the huge variety of beers that they have on tap and the huge selection of food they have available. It says "if we don't have it, you don't need it" on the menu, and although I don't necessarily agree with that statement, they sure do have a lot of choices. Unfortunately, the quantity that they offer means that I don't think they do any one dish particularly well, so the food is average at best.But you probably aren't here for the food. If you are hanging out on 3rd St. promenade with a group of friends and just want to grab a few drinks in a fun, social setting, this is a great place to check out.
pieboy42 pieboy42
Sep 22, 2006
We found ourselves here a few times during our stay. Breakfast once,

and then drinks in the evening a couple of times. We sat out in the

front for breakfast, which was very nice, you can see people waling

past, enjoy the sun (well we did anyway) The evenings were good too,

we didn't eat (which looked ok) but drank instead. They had a good

selection of beers, including cider, which is my drink of choice. Prices seemed normal for America, and the service was good.
Joe and Dave with beers