Bark

www.barkhotdogs.com - 718-789-1939

Bark New York Reviews

marksreynolds marksrey…
Best Hotdog in NYC Sep 04, 2010
We first heard about Bark on one of the food channels when they did an episode about hotdogs in the USA, so we just had to check this place out.

This is a very simple restaurant with wood floors, a wood paneled wall on one side and a brick wall on the other and high long wooden tables and stools. There are no individual tables except for two tucked away on the side.

You place your order at the counter, then when your name is called, you pick it up, or they might bring it to you.

They are very big on recycling which is very nice to see, and you will find six different recycle bins at the front door for your trash, so be sure to separate it properly. The following statement is taken directly from the back of their menu: "Our mission at Bark is to provide our customers with an amazing experience. Quite simply, we love hot dogs and this love fuels our desire to create great food and great service. At Bark, we take an artisans approach to fast food. No longer does fast food need to be cheap, mass-produced, chemically and genetically altered, and anonymous. Whenever possible, we purchase our produce, meats, dairy, beer, and soda, from local, organic and sustainable sources."

When I took that first bite from my hotdog, I could tell they meant what they said in the above statement! This is probably, no, it is the best hotdog I have ever eaten!! The snap of the all natural casing, the freshness of the meat and the bun was perfect. The only way I could make my chili cheese dog better, was to substitute their chili cheese mix for the chili & cheese from Ben's Chili Bowl in DC. Not that the chili cheese on my dog was bad, it was very good. But, Ben's is the best! :)

So, if you are looking for in my opinion the best hot dog in New York, head over to Bark. You won't be disappointed!
Front of Bark
Place your order here
marksreynolds says:
Thanks everyone for the congrats. Glad you all enjoyed the review...but not as much as we enjoyed the hotdogs! ;)
Posted on: Sep 19, 2010
shirlan says:
Congratulations on being featured Mark. :)
Posted on: Sep 18, 2010
vulindlela says:
Congrats!!
Posted on: Sep 18, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Bark

New York City - Day Five
I had lunch at the cafe Barking Dogs, which is right next to my hostel. The turkey sandwich was like all other New York food portions... massive!After lunch I walked down to the Metropolitan Museum o…Barking Dogs, which is right next to my hostel. The turkey sandwich was like all other New York food portions…

Check New York Hotel Deals