Barfüßer

Barfüßer Nürnberg Hallplatz 2 90402 Nürnberg, Nuremberg, Germany

Barfüßer Nuremberg Reviews

hujera hujera
Great restaurant and brewery in the centre Dec 11, 2012
I started my journey from Brussels to Prague at the Brussels-Midi Station. I travelled via Frankfurt am Main and Nuremberg changing in the cities for another train and a coach to Prague (as no high speed lines connected there, but a railway express bus provided anyway). It took about 10 hours with all the changes.

I was quite lucky, as I got an extra hour in Nuremberg (Nürnberg in German or Norimberk in Czech). I got off at the Central Station (Hauptbahnhof), found the stop of the coach outside it and crossed to the other side to check a Christmas market, as this was in November. As I was feeling a bit hungry and thirsty, I continued about 10 min., when I found this great pub, restaurant and mini-brewery in the underground of a house.

'Barfüßer' [pronounced 'barfiiser' in German] has got similar meaning in English: bar = bare, der Füßer = a man with feet. The name and sign of this restaurant points to the monks, who obviously brewed beer in the past.

They brew their own beer (lager) there, which is exceptionally great - I managed 2 halflitres (pints) in an hour before travelling. The food was also first class - I decided for 'Hirschgulasch' - goulash from venison (der Hirsch means 'hart'in English) with a round dumpling.

I can only recommend this cellar pub and restaurant. Surprisingly, the prices were quite low and the quality was excellent. Well done!!!
Brussels-Midi Station